+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any views on the FIFA poppy ban for the England-Scotland game

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    There is no offence - just disgust at this jingoistic pish and the revisionism that sees this foul little newco is some sort of guardian of our armed forces, when most of them and their supporters hide under the bed when the Queen comes waving her shilling...
    This is not about Rangers, put your hate to the side for once Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Whit? Taking the piss oot the armed forces to annoy your rivals??? The ones taking the piss oot the armed forces were the club who had the armed forces turn up at their club to give some military display but didn't pay taxes which went to finance said armed forces.

I heard both Partick and Celtic clubs contributed thousands of pounds to the Poppy Appeal this year but The Rangers didn't - can you confirm?
    Isn't that what I said?
    That [these days its ok to bring military weapons on to football pitches] isn't a political statement - that is just taking the piss out of the armed forces to annoy your rivals..
    Was I too subtle or was the context not clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    This is not about Rangers, put your hate to the side for once Jack.
    I'll take it under advisement...

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The hun vermin have always used the poppy and Rememberance to have a go at the tims, nothing else. Utter scum.
    ^^^ This

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Two good posts by Cambusman and Stewarty
    ^^^And this

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    Isn't that what I said?
    That [these days its ok to bring military weapons on to football pitches] isn't a political statement - that is just taking the piss out of the armed forces to annoy your rivals..
    Was I too subtle or was the context not clear?
    It was open to two interpretations who you suggest is taking the piss out of the armed forces to annoy rivals - it could be the The Rangers to annoy rivals, or could be fans reacting to the military display by taking the piss out of it in order to annoy huns. If you see what I mean.

Football got on fine for decades without having all this poppy stuff, including in post wars years with ex-servicemen playing. Am afraid this modern fascination is born out of the need by Westminster governments of varying colours, to try and make illegal, political wars, more acceptable. For a certain club, its all about keeping their fan base rolling along to keep the lights on

Another thread descends into a Rangers hate fest.

This place is phukin turgid.

Chins up, Rolf

Remember no one like us, we don't care

Wolph puts up a picture of a garish 'tribute' with hundreds of bits of cardboard to remind us all that the peepul are the forces' champions and doesn't expect a reaction. Thick as phukk.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)