+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: THE FINAL - time for promotion 🙏🙏🙏

Quote Originally Posted by dreamoftangerine View Post
    I think he’ll start with precisely the same team that started last night.
    If everyone is fit I think you are right.

Got to be Booth left back and Robson left midfield for me. That lets McMullen get further up with his pace and pressure on their back four. Safranko instead of Sow. I feel we have a great chance in a 90 minute winner takes all. Mon United!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'd have that team but start Pawlett #10 in place of Clark.
    Really ? Drop a top goal scorer for someone who hasn't actually turned up for us when required.

On last night's performance I would leave both of them out and gamble on Pav & Sow with McMullen close. Two very energetic players who always cause bother , and Sow to hold up play in the second half when we are one nil up

Oh yeah...............

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Really ? Drop a top goal scorer for someone who hasn't actually turned up for us when required.

On last night's performance I would leave both of them out and gamble on Pav & Sow with McMullen close. Two very energetic players who always cause bother , and Sow to hold up play in the second half when we are one nil up

Oh yeah...............
    I think you’d be right if this was 4-4-2 but I can’t see that Robbie is going to drop 4-2-3-1 now.

Safranko experiment in attacking mid ok for one offs but I think he really needs to be up top.

If Butcher is fit he has to come in. Otherwise it’s Pav and Booth in for Sow and Pawlett from Thursdays team.

Come on United - not long away now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think you’d be right if this was 4-4-2 but I can’t see that Robbie is going to drop 4-2-3-1 now.

Safranko experiment in attacking mid ok for one offs but I think he really needs to be up top.

If Butcher is fit he has to come in. Otherwise it’s Pav and Booth in for Sow and Pawlett from Thursdays team.

Come on United - not long away now!!!
    Good point . I was just thinking of the way I would play it, and you are right , things ain't gonna change for this game.

Really hope though.. (REALLY) that maybe next season regardless of which league we are in, that we might try to move away from the 4-2-3-1 . it hasn't been good for us, and there must be better formations without going gung-ho that we could try.

Anyway .................. Super Sunday awaits ........ let's do it !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Good point . I was just thinking of the way I would play it, and you are right , things ain't gonna change for this game.

Really hope though.. (REALLY) that maybe next season regardless of which league we are in, that we might try to move away from the 4-2-3-1 . it hasn't been good for us, and there must be better formations without going gung-ho that we could try.

Anyway .................. Super Sunday awaits ........ let's do it !!!!
    Yep. Really feeling like it is close now and will be different to last couple of years 🤞🤞🤞

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)