+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Performance Against Wallsall

It's hard to tell in friendlies but to me they look fitter and more together than they did last pre season, actually, pretty much all season and have done against Nuneaton and Ilkeston so fair play to Ardley and the coaches.
    The negatives for me were Patching and Campbell who haven't looked great in any of the matches and Kellet who could cease to be a footballer at all if he doesn't produce soon.
    Still a LB short and a solid big striker I think.
    Personally I think Crawford has something about him but it's a minority view. He isn't suited to the right side where he ended up, he's centre midfield or nothing.
    Just hope this mess gets sorted out before they all move on.
    Anyone know why Dennis wasn't playing?

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I know its only a friendly but i have to say Ardley has earned himself a clean slate with me, i was a big critic for the last third of the season, the way he has conducted himself pre-season and what he's been able to get out of a very very limited squad is pretty impressive considering the circumstances.
    He's always had a clean slate from me. He was completely and utterly hamstrung from the day he walked in the door. I'm not naive enough to say he didn't play a part in our relegation, but there are plenty of others who should be at the front of the que of collective responsibility for that one. It beggars belief under the circumstances how we managed to take a chance of survival down to the last day.

Thankfully Neal Ardley has been the one constant throughout all of this, remaining professional and going about his work and keeping the players focused.

He brought players in like Rose, Doyle and O'Brien and CMS who showed more fight, endeavor and passion to attempt to win a game of football than others. So fingers crossed this takeover get's sorted and he can build a competitive team for the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Has a minor niggle/injury according to Scoop

It's hard to tell in friendlies but to me they look fitter and more together than they did last pre season, actually, pretty much all season and have done against Nuneaton and Ilkeston so fair play to Ardley and the coaches.
    The negatives for me were Patching and Campbell who haven't looked great in any of the matches and Kellet who could cease to be a footballer at all if he doesn't produce soon.
    Still a LB short and a solid big striker I think.
    Personally I think Crawford has something about him but it's a minority view. He isn't suited to the right side where he ended up, he's centre midfield or nothing.
    Just hope this mess gets sorted out before they all move on.
    There are various changes to the rules this year, someone needs to tell Campbell ( Hemmings was just as bad) that the offside rule isn't one of them.

Without doubt. We went into last season half-baked, whether it was down to general complacency or the manager lacking focus. There should have been more than enough ability in that squad to challenge for a promotion spot, but virtually everyone under-performed and I think the seeds were set early. Anybody who has played sport knows that if you don't prepare properly or you lose focus and give away your momentum, it's doubly difficult to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Without doubt. We went into last season half-baked, whether it was down to general complacency or the manager lacking focus. There should have been more than enough ability in that squad to challenge for a promotion spot, but virtually everyone under-performed and I think the seeds were set early. Anybody who has played sport knows that if you don't prepare properly or you lose focus and give away your momentum, it's doubly difficult to get it back.
    Just to keep things in perspex, Jack, Alfreeton beat Walsall 2-1, 2 weeks ago.

https://www.expressandstar.com/top-s...alsall-report/

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Dream on...
    You’re normally a beacon of hope, Soccerman, yet all your comments tonight are very bleak. Is this based on something you specifically heard today?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    You’re normally a beacon of hope, Soccerman, yet all your comments tonight are very bleak. Is this based on something you specifically heard today?
    Yes, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Yes, unfortunately.
    Are you able to spill the beans?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast