+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Get that c??? Johnston out of our club ASAP.

As we all know possession in itself counts for nothing. Based on that performance I don't think we can even argue that we deserved a draw. Derby took the gift we offered them and played with passion but we so blatantly lack quality where it is needed in front of goal. Val has to use our youngsters more as they at least seem to offer something different and when are we going to realise that the intensity needs to come from the start and not always squander the first half?

Unfortunately, we have a lot of players who are stealing a living and a manager who looks pretty clueless now. Surely, he can see that when he introduces youngsters in the team then the energy and attacking levels increase accordingly. I am a great believer in the conspiracy theory that he has to play certain players because of contractual reasons. There is no other reason that he plays certain players from the start.

Every game that goes by ..... our lack of summer investment in a striker and creative midfielder ..... comes back to haunt us. Lai you are reaping what you sowed.

As for the game. Derby very poor side .... we’re playing for a draw and got lucky. Johnstone at fault for the goal ... what was he doing there ... England keeper???? Robinson atrocious touch and ball possession ... and missed a golden chance. Hugill ... what else need be said about this guy. The rest average at best. Fellows offered the only real threat when he came on.

First time .... am questioning Val. Has no Plan B and all the sides in the Champmhave worked us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    As we all know possession in itself counts for nothing. Based on that performance I don't think we can even argue that we deserved a draw. Derby took the gift we offered them and played with passion but we so blatantly lack quality where it is needed in front of goal. Val has to use our youngsters more as they at least seem to offer something different and when are we going to realise that the intensity needs to come from the start and not always squander the first half?
    We scored a goal that wasn't offside and then gave one away without giving them any chances at all, yet we didn't deserve a draw?

Thanks for spoiling my birthday, but then again after supporting The Baggies since the late 40's I should be used to it

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    We scored a goal that wasn't offside and then gave one away without giving them any chances at all, yet we didn't deserve a draw?
    What a flippin disaster our games seem to be ending in "if only...."
    Last edited by phild; 27-12-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Unfortunately, we have a lot of players who are stealing a living and a manager who looks pretty clueless now. Surely, he can see that when he introduces youngsters in the team then the energy and attacking levels increase accordingly. I am a great believer in the conspiracy theory that he has to play certain players because of contractual reasons. There is no other reason that he plays certain players from the start.
    Don't know about the conspiracy theory but something is certainly going on! I get that in terms of sheer physicality playing youngsters for 90 minutes may not be wise, but if they create more than the rest of the so called First Team players, why not start them and then we may even go into the second half in front for a change! He can always then replace them later on in the game if needed.

Again, I'm tuned into BBC Derby as BBC WM have decided that they have no time for a phone in and wont be on the radio for a few days.
    Understandably they seem pretty happy at Derby

Not for the first time, when we can do ourselves a favour, we fail. So frustrating, especially we as we have so many who played in the Premiership last season, but don't seem to have learnt a lot from the experience.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)