+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T USA & Canada Freeze.

re: O/T USA & Canada Freeze.

Bush fires breaking out around Perth today. Scary stuff as they are not just in the hills but in the city itself.

This was the scene in Perth about an hour ago! This isn't buildings on fire, it's bushland...

Can now smell the smoke Being drawn in by the air con unit on my roof.

Thanks for the shot, Prem, extremes of temperature are rarely good...especially if they make the news. Being a good Canadian lad I would rather have a run of cold weather than over the top heat. Growing up, when it hit -20F we would just don an extra sweater and hit the outdoor rink with hockey stick in hand. With the thermometer hovering in the 90s and above the high humidity in Montreal would drive us to hang out near fans or shopping malls in the mid-part of the day.

Glad I am in Vancouver's more temperate climate now, we actually moved here to avoid the summer's heat, not the winter's, cold.

Quote Originally Posted by PremierWolf

This was the scene in Perth about an hour ago! This isn't buildings on fire, it's bushland...

Can now smell the smoke Being drawn in by the air con unit on my roof.
    Holy $hit, if that is a "bush" fire Prem she must be a big girl! ;-D

What's the situation like in North America/Canada and Australia now that we have moved on a bit?

Another big winter storm tearing up the North East. Hopefully it will keep blowing until Feb 2 and then turn sunny, because on the 3rd I am going the Alberta for two weeks.

Apparently here in Texas on Friday the high is not going to get out of the 30s. :-S

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF
    Another big winter storm tearing up the North East. Hopefully it will keep blowing until Feb 2 and then turn sunny, because on the 3rd I am going the Alberta for two weeks.

Apparently here in Texas on Friday the high is not going to get out of the 30s. :-S
    +30 or -30, Woody?

Where in Alberta, Woody? Calgary, Edmonton,Pincher Creek?

A better chance of a Chinook in the "Calgary, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat triangle." One is coming through Calgary this Friday, expected high is 48F!

Supposed to be -9F Thursday evening. This is getting old.

Currently +11C according to my car temperature gauge - I can live with that as I munch my way through a lovely fresh iced bun (not in my car I might add)!

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf

+30 or -30, Woody?

Where in Alberta, Woody? Calgary, Edmonton,Pincher Creek?

A better chance of a Chinook in the "Calgary, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat triangle." One is coming through Calgary this Friday, expected high is 48F![/quote]

Just 30F mate. But it is supposed to rain this afternoon and freeze overnight, so with all these mad Texans on the roads tomorrow morning is going to be chaos! :-S

In Canada I will be visiting a power plant in Duffield which is about an hour west of Edmonton. I will be staying in Stony Plain which is a kind of westerly suburb of Edmonton, although it didn't used to be. It is still the home

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)