+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dobbie back at qos!!

If only we could add extra bodies on the gate to back up those who run our club.

Yes Hammer 5 pages of this Dobbie thread has really boosted Shanty Tam's fight to continue QOS Mad.

A couple of points, although his goal rate was lesser in The Shire, when any player plays at a 'higher level' would it not expect to drop as he is playing against better defenders and keepers?

As for his fitness levels he looks leaner and meaner than when he left Queens. I am sure the fitness levels are way higher at English Championship level than in our Championship.

When he last played for Queens I dont think we were a full time club then, I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

I hope that he 'still has the legs' and I dont think the manager and board would have brought him on board if he had nothing to offer.

I am not saying he hasnt the legs . I am saying that it remains to be seen. Queens were full time last time Dobbie was here. We started full time season 07-08.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I am not saying he hasnt the legs . I am saying that it remains to be seen. Queens were full time last time Dobbie was here. We started full time season 07-08.
    Did Dobbie not sign for us January 2007 when we were still part time before we went full time for the 07-08 season as you said.

Great news that Dobbie has signed.

January 6th 2007 was Dobbie's debut - a 1 - 1 draw away in the Scottish Cup v Dundee. In the replay which finished 3 - 3 the Dobmeister scored his first goals (2) for Queens who won the penalty shoot - out.

Brillaint news and full credit to the board for making it happen, as hammer says it would be nice to see a few extra punters coming through the gates in support of this.

if dobbies not a bums on seats signing there never will be one ,i can see a bigger than usual first home game attendance .

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Did Dobbie not sign for us January 2007 when we were still part time before we went full time for the 07-08 season as you said.
    Yes, you are correct . He must have been with us for a few months PT before the whole squad went FT in the close season of 07-08. He was certainly a full time pro at his clubs before us Hibs, Rangers ( I think) St.Johnstone

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)