+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: message to the board

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    to be honest i dont see the problem looking at the foreign market but if chris has his favoured route thats fine with me and if the prince cant see what a fantastic ambitious manager we have and throws his toys out of the pram hes a fool and we would probably be better off without him i do think however one area we are gonna have to look at is the salary situation even with loans were missing out on quality players because it doesnt fit in with our wage structure james wilson came within that structure and we all know how thats panned out
    It might be that at some point we have to say that Wilder's approach - if that is his approach - to only sticking with UK players is self-destructive and doing more harm than good too. I love the guy, and he's done wonders for us, but at some point we're either going to have to start paying UK player prices or looking for talent elsewhere, and if he can't bring himself to do that then he's never going to be able to get the club to where he wants them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    So McCabe has suddenly decided that he wants to put money in? And serious amounts? Sorry, mate. I don't buy it. And that mate of Wilder's, I believe, has been accused of sh1t-stirring before.
    It could be that McC saw the PL gravy train looming and decided to force the issue by offering funds in the knowledge that the prince would not match them and he could force a boardroom battle that would see the prince departing thus clearing the way for McC to exploit the possibility of a PL return as sole driver.

If it's the prince who didn't play ball when he had an opportunity to bail out why is he hanging around? Deal to disappear not good enough?

There's just nothing to know whats happened and where we are now. Its all pure speculation. There isn't even anyone on any forum claiming to be ITK..! Any theory is as valid as any other...

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    It might be that at some point we have to say that Wilder's approach - if that is his approach - to only sticking with UK players is self-destructive and doing more harm than good too. I love the guy, and he's done wonders for us, but at some point we're either going to have to start paying UK player prices or looking for talent elsewhere, and if he can't bring himself to do that then he's never going to be able to get the club to where he wants them to be.
    He's also limiting his options should/ when he moves on.

Who's going to want a manager who doesn't play the whole market? If his ambitions are to get to the very top then he's not helping himself with his insular approach.

Or , maybe, just maybe, there's something else we are not privy too.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    There's just nothing to know whats happened and where we are now. Its all pure speculation. There isn't even anyone on any forum claiming to be ITK..! Any theory is as valid as any other...

Speculation is the essential fuel of a forum FKB

We need to move some players out BUT we need to sell not give them away don't think we have brought any money in since CW has been boss. We need to look round the Belgium teams and bring in good young players like some of the prem teams have done also try the NI youth teams for up and coming players UTB

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    It could be that McC saw the PL gravy train looming and decided to force the issue by offering funds in the knowledge that the prince would not match them and he could force a boardroom battle that would see the prince departing thus clearing the way for McC to exploit the possibility of a PL return as sole driver.

If it's the prince who didn't play ball when he had an opportunity to bail out why is he hanging around? Deal to disappear not good enough?
    Deal to disappear supposed to be £10 million but when the Prince has put £18 million in he was never going to accept that. More like £20-£25 million. It all looks like stalemate which is exactly what we don’t want.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Deal to disappear supposed to be £10 million but when the Prince has put £18 million in he was never going to accept that. More like £20-£25 million. It all looks like stalemate which is exactly what we don’t want.
    Wasn't aware of that BFL. As you say a stalemate is not good and will drag on when we need to get the business done a.s.a.p

hes gonna want a minimum of 20m probably 25m so if that figure is correct he probably sees it as an insult

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    hes gonna want a minimum of 20m probably 25m so if that figure is correct he probably sees it as an insult
    Funny that cause I see his failed promises of investment as an insult. Sooner he goes the better.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast