+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kewells comments post match

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Name these players in the development squad that will turn our fortunes around
    Does it matter? Could any of the youth team, development squad and reserves do any worse? As long as they show commitment and passion then I don't care if they are called Tom, Dick or Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Does it matter? Could any of the youth team, development squad and reserves do any worse? As long as they show commitment and passion then I don't care if they are called Tom, Dick or Harry
    I have to agree. If recent performances are the "example" being set by the club's senior professionals, then it is worthless one.

We’ve now lost six on the trot in the league. HK’s first priority needs to be to stop the rot - and I don’t think 4-4-2 with Vaughan trundling around the midfield is ever going to be the way to do that. We definitely need to sacrifice some (alleged) flair next week to become more difficult to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    HK’s first priority needs to be to stop the rot - and I don’t think 4-4-2 with Vaughan trundling around the midfield is ever going to be the way to do that. We definitely need to sacrifice some (alleged) flair next week to become more difficult to beat.
    100% agree. Nolan should have realised this after two games, and Kewell should do similar.

Nolan has signed the wrong type of midfielders to play a two-man midfield. We simply have to sacrifice one of the two strikers (much as I hate to say it) to get an extra set of midfield legs into the team (Crawford or Patching's opportunity to shine, maybe) and let Vaughan do what he did for Forest, sit in front of the back four and use his passing range to start moves and his reading of the game to break up opposition attacks. He's a good player, but not a central or box-to-box midfielder these days.

We’ve now lost six on the trot in the league. HK’s first priority needs to be to stop the rot - and I don’t think 4-4-2 with Vaughan trundling around the midfield is ever going to be the way to do that. We definitely need to sacrifice some (alleged) flair next week to become more difficult to beat.
    Tell Kewell. He seems set on teaching us to play tippy tappy when what we really need is to be set up to play booty heady, with 10 bods behind the balley, and a few points on the boardy, sharpishy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Tell Kewell. He seems set on teaching us to play tippy tappy when what we really need is to be set up to play booty heady, with 10 bods behind the balley, and a few points on the boardy, sharpishy!!!
    Nothing wrong with tippy tappy if it's backed up by hardy worky and crunchy tackly when you lose possession, in order to get the ball back fast. All of the best footballing sides in the world have a steely side to them. At the moment our players are just lazy wazy.

True. I would like to see Milsom and Husin or Crawford as the partnership. I would prefer Husin as, he proved last season, that he can pass a ball and has an eye for goal. Milsom is the ball winner. The wingers, well, I would prefer Hawk and Aless as they would provide more cover to the full backs.
    Up front I would like to see Stead and Campbell. I have included Campbell as he is young and eager to impress, so hopefully wont have the jitters that the present players do.
    The back 4 is worrying, but i would have Toots if fit, if not, then Ox, Bris, Ward, butonly if Hall is not able to play and Kellet at left back.
    The goalkeeper is a non contested area at present.
    Even with that team, IMHO, is the best we can put out, is still a scary thought, but as long as they show passion, then I would support them 110%
    Last edited by Disturbed; 08-09-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I would like to see Milsom and Husin or Crawford as the partnership. I would prefer Husin as, he proved last season, that he can pass a ball and has an eye for goal.
    I'm afraid I've reached the conclusion that Husin is a show pony. Yes, a few nice passing moments and a couple of spectacular early goals, but mixed in with some horrendously poor passes and a work rate that would have made Mark Fotheringham look like a midfield dynamo.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm afraid I've reached the conclusion that Husin is a show pony. Yes, a few nice passing moments and a couple of spectacular early goals, but mixed in with some horrendously poor passes and a work rate that would have made Mark Fotheringham look like a midfield dynamo.
    Agree. I thought Husin would be a genuine asset this season, but every fancy turn has been outnumbered by a bloody awful pass. I just can't see him being anywhere near the answer to our midfield problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I do not disagree with that, but I have not seen anyone else that can cover the role of playmaker. I hoped that Vaughan would, but that doesn't seem to have worked so far. I have not seen enough of Crawford or Patching to include them ahead of Husin. That is why Husin gets my vote.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast