+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Neal Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Wasn't it something about us being in danger of us saying Solon to our status in the Football League ?
    Yes that's it. He fancied a change.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Ardley did say this squad of players are better than the ones he inherited at Wimbledon. But having 9 of the squad injured doesn't help.
    Correct. Unfortunately that doesn't fit the 'woe is me, we're doomed' narrative so many have chosen to adopt already.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The thing about Michael O’Connor was that most on this board were happy to see him go. Far too many were concerned about his serious injury.
    Likewise, when several of the old guard were released. The constant moaning about ‘dads army’ during what was a successful season was baffling. The likes of Smudge, Shola, Collin and Dicko were a waste of shirt and a wage, we could do better etc... look how that has worked out. I would have all 4 in a heart beat along with O’Connor and I would have guaranteed a much better outcome this season. Who in there right mind would dismantle the core of a successful team? Many on here, Nolan and Hardy.
    What was needed was the additions of Enzio, Dennis and Hemmings to last seasons strongest 15, we were all crying out for more mobility in forward positions. We got that. But we lost a lot of experience and more importantly the characters and leadership that would have rattled the changing room as it stands.
    I think the one piece of the jigsaw that blew our plans apart was O'Connor choosing to go to Lincoln over commuting to Notts. He would have been the single thing that might have knitted all of the other squad changes together IMHO.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345