+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership Info and Rumours Thread

Quote Originally Posted by matt5cott View Post
    Indeed, furthermore without real buyers the worry is we'll soon be, if we're not already in, the comparable stage of where RT took his foot off the gas and clearly stopped giving a monkeys (to my memory appointing Kiwomya was IMO the first clear sign of this)

If this is indeed the case and seeing as Notts have made no further signings this week, it could leave AH pulling out of January transfer proceedings effectively slamming several more nails into the coffin, and relegating the club.
    In the statement he says he will continue to back NA in his efforts to strengthen the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Apparently Razzle and Grindr are in the mix.
    Absolutely untrue !
    I know for a fact that with onset of online **** Razzle has gone t!ts up.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'm gonna go for another con takeover by Russel King, only this time he'll fool us by changing the name of the company to 'Minto' or summat so's we don't suspect.
    As MUNTO stood for 'Made Up Name To Order', could MINTO in fact be 'Massive Investment Notts Take Over'? OK Russ baby let's do it. But please ensure there's a cast iron guarantee or I'm 95% certain it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    In the statement he says he will continue to back NA in his efforts to strengthen the squad.
    Let's hope it materialises (I sincerely hope it does) Because talk is cheap.

RT never made a statement saying "Right sod this" but his actions made it clear he'd become apathetic, let's hope this isn't being mirrored now.

Quote Originally Posted by matt5cott View Post
    Let's hope it materialises (I sincerely hope it does) Because talk is cheap.

RT never made a statement saying "Right sod this" but his actions made it clear he'd become apathetic, let's hope this isn't being mirrored now.
    I wasn't saying it will or won't. Just repeating what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I wasn't saying it will or won't. Just repeating what he said.
    Fair does We don't have to wait long to see anyway, 4 days and and just under an hour till deadline.

'The Project', otherwise known as Munto, was an interesting and surreal episode in our club's long history but, bizarre as it was, it did 'kind of' begin to prove that, if the right genuinely wealthy ownership was really in place, then then dream of taking a down at heel old club from the bottom to the top was possible.

Imagine, if you will, that the real deal came-a-calling with this in mind. What kind of money would be required to take us 'virtually guaranteed' to the upper echelons of The Championship?

I know this is pie in the sky thinking but it's always nagged at me that people like Sven must quietly wonder 'what if'. It'd be particularly interesting to hear Matt5cott's thoughts on it...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-01-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    'The Project', otherwise known as Munto, was an interesting and surreal episode in our club's long history but, bizarre as it was, it did 'kind of' begin to prove that, if the right genuinely wealthy ownership was really in place, then then dream of taking a down at heel old club from the bottom to the top was possible.

Imagine, if you will, that the real deal came-a-calling with this in mind. What kind of money would be required to take us virtually guaranteed to the upper echelons of The Championship?

I know this is pie in the sky thinking but it's always nagged at me that people like Sven must quietly wonder 'what if'. It'd be particularly interesting to hear Matt5cott's thoughts on it...
    Don't we all!

As an example, the fairy tale of AFC Bournemouth isn't actually a fairy tale. It's been bankrolled by a rich Russian and fair play to them for getting lucky after years of financial struggle. If you're fortunate enough to get an owner who can afford to just throw money at the project continually, then your chances of living the dream obviously improve. But for every sugar daddy there are plenty of con merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Don't we all!

As an example, the fairy tale of AFC Bournemouth isn't actually a fairy tale. It's been bankrolled by a rich Russian and fair play to them for getting lucky after years of financial struggle. If you're fortunate enough to get an owner who can afford to just throw money at the project continually, then your chances of living the dream obviously improve. But for every sugar daddy there are plenty of con merchants.
    Do you have a ballpark figure in mind though Jackal?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Imagine, if you will, that the real deal came-a-calling with this in mind. What kind of money would be required to take us 'virtually guaranteed' to the upper echelons of The Championship?

I think you're mistaking me for the football journo of the same name, if it helps I was matt5cott long before he was

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast