+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: i've thought long and hard about this: Warne has got to go.

“My worry would be how long can or will TS be prepared to subsidise my hobby at a club that is running at a loss season on season”

I would have thought a similar worry would be TS staying fit to do it.

TS said a long time ago that when he's not able to continue then his son Richard will take over and the Stewart family were in it for the long haul.

I hope the family haven't changed their minds and I hope they don't read this message board

What exactly has Paul Warne and TS done wrong ?

Nothing

But some think they should have done something.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I can't put a large lump sum in but I would be willing to put in £40 a month to be part of a supporters group.

You said youd given up on football as a mugs game. Now youre willing to stump up to finance it! Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    You said youd given up on football as a mugs game. Now youre willing to stump up to finance it! Odd.
    Shhhhhh! Just take his money

I think the experience with Millers05 and the experiment at Chesterfield with fan ownership which both ended in disastet put paid to these ideas.

There was a group to advice clubs on fan ownership. Not sure if its still going. Are there any UK clubs in fan ownership?

I get the idea of a communuty club. But, without serious financial cloat, a club set up on this basis can never get above mid table L1. Money from gate receipts has dropped to lower than 25% of income.

Maybe we should become a vegan or carbon neutral club. The first led light club.

I think player development is key. For that you need a long term management structure. To date Stewarts failing has been to change managers too often. He appears to have nailed his colours to Warne - so we need to stick and see it through for 2 more years in my view. I get the feeling hes the wrong guy. What we cant afford is another 3 managers the next 3 years.

Same old negative , over cautious , unambitious, response from Millers fans.

Maybe you have got the club you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I think player development is key. For that you need a long term management structure. To date Stewarts failing has been to change managers too often. He appears to have nailed his colours to Warne - so we need to stick and see it through for 2 more years in my view. I get the feeling hes the wrong guy. What we cant afford is another 3 managers the next 3 years.
    That’s an ideal situation but what’s the likelihood of us developing players to a decree that they are good enough to compete without them going to other clubs before they even reach there full potential.

Basically can we keep hold of the players we train?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast