+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Disagree with him moving on Animal. I think he's got summat. Personally I'd persevere and send him out on a loan deal in lg1/lg2. He'll get some goals and regular starts and his confidence builds. I like his attributes, they just need honing which isn't going to happen here if he dunt play regularly.
    I agree Pass. I think Victor's got summat. I think he needs more coaching. We seem to be good at coaching centre halves and defenders in general but not so hot on our coaching of strikers. I think it's worth the risk of keeping Vic for another couple of season's to see how he progresses. Look at Toney, he was no great shakes when he was with us but I still saw enough to want to sign him. We didn't. If we'd have taken that risk over a longer period and looked at improving our coaching of the strikers it would have paid off. Hope we take the risk on Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I agree Pass. I think Victor's got summat. I think he needs more coaching. We seem to be good at coaching centre halves and defenders in general but not so hot on our coaching of strikers. I think it's worth the risk of keeping Vic for another couple of season's to see how he progresses. Look at Toney, he was no great shakes when he was with us but I still saw enough to want to sign him. We didn't. If we'd have taken that risk over a longer period and looked at improving our coaching of the strikers it would have paid off. Hope we take the risk on Vic.
    That exactly my school of thought Arby. I hear what Perky is saying with Victors goals record but it sometimes teks certain players longer to get on the goal trail. It's not always just abart goals though. Victor has other attributes that his fellow striker could thrive off. We may be wrong about Victor but I'd personally give him more time to come to fruition. There's a championship player in him imo.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Coles penalty was pathetic, ive just seen the highlights.

I had doubts about his signing, this miss doesnt define him but it adds to my reservations about him. Cheap option anyone?
    I hope is not reading this? Eh. gi lad a chance i think is dad wa a late developer,am not sure like, kevin keegan wa,strikers,big vic and young cole will be low not being able to score,think they will both end up going to another 1 of our clubs.lets see if we can developing em, is our back room staff up to job?

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    If he wa our main striker would you be payin to watch him develop?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    If he wa our main striker would you be payin to watch him develop?
    Hypothetical question that Rascal. We've plenty of other strikers he can develop alongside. I suspect his wages aren't that high so worth keeping him and seeing how he develops. He's only young and he improved a lot last season. And I believe he scored a good amount of goals for the reserves.

To be honest there are good arguments all around on Victor but personally I think it’s academic and he will be moved out before deadline day!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    To be honest there are good arguments all around on Victor but personally I think it’s academic and he will be moved out before deadline day!
    Not the best player in the world then perky eh😉

Just not good enough for where we need to be here and now Rascal. Neither are Miller and Kane as well.

Just not good enough for where we need to be here and now Rascal. Neither are Miller and Kane as well.
    Just for balance, I fully understand what you're saying Perky. Worth the risk to give the lad a bit more time in my book. My gut feel says he'll start hitting the net at some point with the style that we are now playing. I could be wrong though lol. Miller I'm not sure about and Kane has shown only glimpses of quality so far.

Owd on, Kane, at £1.25 million, is our transfer record signing in last 20 years. Surely can't go the way of Thomas, Schmidt,etc.

Our world leading stats recruitment lads are costing Conway sum brass.

Victor would benefit from a period at Ostend or Ebsjerg or Nancy or Thun or Den Bosch.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-08-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast