+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven Covid deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We were supposed to be getting a report on the severity of Omicron today but now delayed until tomorrow - obviously not the news the fear mongers were hoping for so need longer to invent a cause to justify their forecasts.
    This is where people power comes in. Ripping into Boris is the surest way to undermine the only person who is brave enough to decide that Sage is making calculations that are not based on facts and argue that in cabinet.
    If you want to change things, I think giving Boris a chance to play to the people is a good idea, provided the Omicron variety is genuinely less deadly than the delta one.
    MSM seem to be completely sold on Omicron being a bigger killer than Delta. Where us the evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We are semi lockdown now BCram.

They don't take into account especially in Scotland as it still seems popular up here.

It isn't more lethal as the South Africans have been saying for weeks

I heard one of the independent sage guys say on telly today, "it isn't better until we are all safe".......he meant the world.

He then said lockdowns should have nothing to do with elected officials and made up of a panel of and I quote "the great and the good".....or doctors, law makers, behaviour psychologists.

It's absolutely terrifying the control these people want over our one and only life.

He also wanted FULL lockdown immediately.

They are attempting and succeeding in changing the world.
    If would be a different story if the scientists were having to pay for the full costs of their ‘madcap’ ideas to close everything down immediately.

See deerangeds first post on subject....all about control.

There are loads of scientists and doctors who are not being heard.

I fear it's too late though......I don't want to go over old ground but Mr Hitchens and lord Sumption were warning of the dangers from day 1.

The official opposition is now back bench Tory MPs

Sturgeon and Johnson will bring in another 3 week lockdown that will last month's....rinse repeat fail.

Let people live
    Doctors employed by the NHS are not able to speak out and tell the truth for fear of losing their job.

When was last time labour opposed?

They want longer, tougher, more comprehensive restrictions.

SNP the same and that will be the route once more funding is secured.

Liberals arnt liberal.

He can't get out of the grip as msm the press and unions are cheerleaders for this.....sage are just the lightening rod...and not withstanding he's a lying cowardly incompetent.

Sage "experts" in doom, their modelling from 9 days ago already miles out but still they continue with the fear and doom.

Had an hour to kill in town today, depressing.

Stuck my head in a few pubs, mostly empty, people look bewildered but still mostly masked up even in the open air.

Very few hospitalisations, very few people dying but....on and on it goes.
    One of the teachers union’s in Scptland want to have extended school holidays to protect their staff.
    That is fine but do not pay the teachers for their extended holiday. Teachers have long enough holidays at present as they only work 195 days per year which equates to 39 weeks including 5 working days of ‘in service’ days.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    This is where people power comes in. Ripping into Boris is the surest way to undermine the only person who is brave enough to decide that Sage is making calculations that are not based on facts and argue that in cabinet.
    If you want to change things, I think giving Boris a chance to play to the people is a good idea, provided the Omicron variety is genuinely less deadly than the delta one.
    MSM seem to be completely sold on Omicron being a bigger killer than Delta. Where us the evidence?
    The evidence coming out of South Africa is that the Omicron variant is a milder strain of the Covid-19 virus with less deaths than the Delta variant.
    However MSN do not like to publish this news as they like to dramatise their news to make it sound a lot worse than it is.
    To give you a slightly different example of this.
    I have just read the headlines on the Business news section of the BBC teletext. There is a topic with the headlines stating that the price of MvVitie’s hobnob biscuits are set to soar. When you read the topic in full it states that the price of McVitie’s hobnobs, Jaffa cakes and penguin biscuits are set to rise by 5%. This is hardly soaring in price but the BBC likes to make their headlines worse than what they are.
    Stupid headlines like this are liable to cause panic buying in the biscuit aisles of supermarkets.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The evidence coming out of South Africa is that the Omicron variant is a milder strain of the Covid-19 virus with less deaths than the Delta variant.
    However MSN do not like to publish this news as they like to dramatise their news to make it sound a lot worse than it is.
    To give you a slightly different example of this.
    I have just read the headlines on the Business news section of the BBC teletext. There is a topic with the headlines stating that the price of MvVitie’s hobnob biscuits are set to soar. When you read the topic in full it states that the price of McVitie’s hobnobs, Jaffa cakes and penguin biscuits are set to rise by 5%. This is hardly soaring in price but the BBC likes to make their headlines worse than what they are.
    Stupid headlines like this are liable to cause panic buying in the biscuit aisles of supermarkets.
    First things first...teletext?? How far behind is islay that you are using teletext???

Second... panic buying in the biscuit aisle???

I don't want to alarm you too much,but I heard a rumour that the calendar for next year is going from 2021 to 2022....get as many as you can now before they go up....

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We were supposed to be getting a report on the severity of Omicron today but now delayed until tomorrow - obviously not the news the fear mongers were hoping for so need longer to invent a cause to justify their forecasts.
    Working on the graphs to give worst possible snapshot.

Between 6 mins past 3 and 15 mins past 3 last tues 100% of those who died didnae wear a mask in the bath, hadn't booked a booooooster and didnae have every window in the hoose open.

whistleblower in the ONS has already reported the skewing of figures.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Bcram....there is NO evidence.

And I'll repeat Johnson is as cowardly as sturgeon is calculating.

Don't look for politicians to look further than the next poll

If would be a different story if the scientists were having to pay for the full costs of their ‘madcap’ ideas to close everything down immediately.
    Full pay, full pension.

One of the teachers union’s in Scptland want to have extended school holidays to protect their staff.
    That is fine but do not pay the teachers for their extended holiday. Teachers have long enough holidays at present as they only work 195 days per year which equates to 39 weeks including 5 working days of ‘in service’ days.
    Public sector.......which is a helluva lot of Scots are perfectly happy with current situation.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)