+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SLO, Dee4Life and DSA

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Deranged - I see you refer to JN as ‘a cowboy’ on another string, can only hope that made him laugh too ! You say there are many good points made within the correspondence and that’s what I think we should be focusing on. If we can’t get our act together and soon I really do think we are going to have more to worry about than ‘people writing like a ten year old’.
    You'll need to point me toward the post where I called John Nelms a cowboy.

I like the idea of raising money and cutting a deal with Mr. Bennett to procure Dens - ultimately if John Nelms wanted to buy Dens to part fund a new stadium he doesn't care who he buys it from after all and if it all goes south at least there would be some equity in the hands of Dee4L to work with. I'd hoped that was what the foundation money would be for, but obviously that wasn't the case and now it all goes blackholewards (as I warned it would at the time). Maybe the guys that put the effort in to set that up can reconsider and contact all the people that are now withdrawing that funding with an alternative?

My main concern with Dee4L right now however is personnel and I'm pretty certain no dealings can be done with John Nelms whilst those particular personnel are involved with Dee4L Trust.

Was reluctant to do so but as you asked see below -

Cost of steel, timber, plaster board, everything needed to build any structure is rocketing and our lying CEO just spins his head round a few times and expects us to believe everything's fine. It's not, the new stadium will never happen and Dens will be condemned within two to three years (maximum).

We're being taken for a ride by a cowboy.

—————————————————————-

If we are going to kick off day and night about the state of play at our Club I suggest we get our own act together. I can’t say I’m happy about everything at the club, DSA or D4L either but if someone like Norrie Price is willing to spend time trying to sort things out and gets pulled up for what he did this morning we are never going to get anywhere Mucker. He is being led to the top of the hill by people willing to kick him back down when he gets there. All of course just my view and yours Buddy which at the end of the day in isolation count for absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Was reluctant to do so but as you asked see below -

Cost of steel, timber, plaster board, everything needed to build any structure is rocketing and our lying CEO just spins his head round a few times and expects us to believe everything's fine. It's not, the new stadium will never happen and Dens will be condemned within two to three years (maximum).

We're being taken for a ride by a cowboy.

—————————————————————-

If we are going to kick off day and night about the state of play at our Club I suggest we get our own act together. I can’t say I’m happy about everything at the club, DSA or D4L either but if someone like Norrie Price is willing to spend time trying to sort things out and gets pulled up for what he did this morning we are never going to get anywhere Mucker. He is being led to the top of the hill by people willing to kick him back down when he gets there. All of course just my view and yours Buddy which at the end of the day in isolation count for absolutely nothing.
    Fair enough, meant more as an illustration than a personal slant but agree it reads as such.

Norrie's doing a good job and I'm not criticising him in any way. Others on the Dee4L board need to resign for the greater good and to allow Norrie the chance to make progress. I fear the two I'm referring to are too pig headed and deluded to see the harm their presence is doing.

Dee4L needs to embark on a serious membership drive and needs to find people of good reputation and acumen to take board places - unfortunately I don't think any difference can be made until the next AGM, by which time it might well be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You don't call people from the southern states of America Yanks. It may not be on a 'long list of offensive terms deemed out of bounds' but it's not a term you use for a Texan.

Yes, most of it makes good points however it's very well known how the club feels about Mr. Tott and his constant pestering, criticism and complaints of and about John Nelms and the club. I know for a fact that John Nelms will see that much of it has been written by Mr. Tott and will laugh at it.

Publicly sending out this email will do nothing to help Dee4L's standing with John Nelms and is more likely to increase his distance.
    I disagree. Seems to me the thoughts were genuine expressions of concern and if I were the MD of a business that received such information I would want to address the issues raised.
    The specific reference to a board member of Dee4life was complimentary and made reference to his undoubted enthusiasm for research. It is also completely untrue that he wrote much of it.

You are entitled to your opinion but it isn't fair when some of what you say isn't true.

I think it gives an insight into how some fans feel and their actual experiences of dealing with dfc.

Can see both sides in this but if you deal with the working man's game you are going to get working man's correspondence.

I really don't give a **** about Nelms feelings

JN mentions two meetings in his chat with Burkie - one on Mon 7th March regarding communication with supporters and the current state of the stadium, the second on Wed 16th March re the Camperdown Project. By doing so I think it is fair to expect some kind of output from both. Any failure to do so can only strengthen the belief that he has contempt for the supporters and their representatives. If he really wants to change his approach then this is his opportunity. To have a list of complaints put before him on these subjects and expect people to be fobbed off by being told we are meeting to discuss the subject and leaving it at that would smack of lip service. Time will tell, but this is an opportunity for him to demonstrate that he is listening and does care. Hoping that our representatives are also getting their act together finding common ground and looking to bring the genuine concerns that exist back to the football club in a timely manner because every day that passes is another step closer to Early Bird Fortnight and you wouldn’t want the current climate to exist at a time when the club is trying to sell season tickets. Get it sorted Lads.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I disagree. Seems to me the thoughts were genuine expressions of concern and if I were the MD of a business that received such information I would want to address the issues raised.
    The specific reference to a board member of Dee4life was complimentary and made reference to his undoubted enthusiasm for research. It is also completely untrue that he wrote much of it.

You are entitled to your opinion but it isn't fair when some of what you say isn't true.
    What, specifically, isn't true?

There were indeed some genuine expressions of concern that I agree with.

The language used in much of one of the PDFs makes it very clear who wrote it - Dee4Life Comments (no names)

'I enclose' written in a typed letter - say no more.

'That is a lot of nonsense about our share certificate for 239,260 shares being delayed due to a change In companies'

'In my opinion this fiasco with the failure of us not receiving our share certificate goes part in parcel with all the other mistakes made by Lindsay Darroch who is the Dundee Football Club Limited Company Secretary' (someone's latest target for criticism getting a roasting)

'I think that the performance of Dundee Football Club both on and off the park in the last 5 and a half years has gone steadily downhill and I blame John Nelms 'fairly and squarely' for this fiasco'. I actually can't disagree with this but the tone and use of quotation marks make it very obvious who wrote it.

'John Nelms has appointed hopeless managers and let the Dens Park stadium go to wrack and ruin. Meanwhile he will not communicate with the Dundee supporters and the Dee4life Trust board of directors with the ongoing saga regarding the Bank of Scotland account being a case in point'. Someone loves their references to BoS.

'Yesterday's game kicked off at 'stupid o'clock''.

'Nelms never seems to learn that charging full prices for Scottish Cup ties at Dens Park which are live on TV with a stupid o'clock kick off when the Dundee team are playing poorly will result in the Dundee FC supporters boycotting the game'.

Much of it was written by the type of person who forms an opinion, decides it's 100% fact then goes out of their way in their research to find evidence to back that opinion whilst disregarding completely anything that contradicts it.

Any of this sound familiar at all? I've had conversations with people at Dens who have told me things that it would be unfair to expand on here regarding the above type of person. This type of person will never be able to sit with John Nelms in any meeting and be taken seriously.

You don't call people from the southern states of America Yanks. It may not be on a 'long list of offensive terms deemed out of bounds' but it's not a term you use for a Texan.

Yes, most of it makes good points however it's very well known how the club feels about Mr. Tott and his constant pestering, criticism and complaints of and about John Nelms and the club. I know for a fact that John Nelms will see that much of it has been written by Mr. Tott and will laugh at it.

Publicly sending out this email will do nothing to help Dee4L's standing with John Nelms and is more likely to increase his distance.
    If you carefully read Mr Tott’s comments you will see that he raised his concerns about the Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 which contains three mistakes. The Confirmation statements dated 13th February 2020 and 13th February 2021 which have been signed as correct and submitted to Companies House each contain a mistake.
    If John Nelms does not like me then too bad. I have been a Dundee supporter a lot longer than him.

The language used in much of one of the PDFs makes it very clear who wrote it - Dee4Life Comments (no names)

'That is a lot of nonsense about our share certificate for 239,260 shares being delayed due to a change In companies'

'In my opinion this fiasco with the failure of us not receiving our share certificate goes part in parcel with all the other mistakes made by Lindsay Darroch who is the Dundee Football Club Limited Company Secretary' (someone's latest target for criticism getting a roasting)

'I think that the performance of Dundee Football Club both on and off the park in the last 5 and a half years has gone steadily downhill and I blame John Nelms 'fairly and squarely' for this fiasco'. I actually can't disagree with this but the tone and use of quotation marks make it very obvious who wrote it.

'John Nelms has appointed hopeless managers and let the Dens Park stadium go to wrack and ruin. Meanwhile he will not communicate with the Dundee supporters and the Dee4life Trust board of directors with the ongoing saga regarding the Bank of Scotland account being a case in point'. Someone loves their references to BoS.

'Nelms never seems to learn that charging full prices for Scottish Cup ties at Dens Park which are live on TV with a stupid o'clock kick off when the Dundee team are playing poorly will result in the Dundee FC supporters boycotting the game'.

Much of it was written by the type of person who forms an opinion, decides it's 100% fact then goes out of their way in their research to find evidence to back that opinion whilst disregarding completely anything that contradicts it.

Any of this sound familiar at all? I've had conversations with people at Dens who have told me things that it would be unfair to expand on here regarding the above type of person. This type of person will never be able to sit with John Nelms in any meeting and be taken seriously.
    The chap who wrote that, and Forbes are the reason that Nelms will never take Dee4life seriously.

The Dee4life Trust board of directors have been trying since 2016 to get the Bank of Scotland account which was used for the joint venture between the club and Dee4life for Platinum, Gold and DEETV memberships until the club took over the running of DEETV three days before the start of the 2014-15 season.
    In 2016 there was still a Dee4life Trust Primary representative on the board of Dundee Football Club.
    Now in 2022 the Dee4life Trust board of directors have still not managed to get the Bank of Scotland closed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)