+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Utd to send Saints marching home

Are you saying if we win it's down to the players but if we lose it's down to the coach? I'm not sure your are BTW, just seems like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Are you saying if we win it's down to the players but if we lose it's down to the coach? I'm not sure your are BTW, just seems like it.
    No that's not what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What I'm saying is that if the players are uninspired by the coach, in certain circumstances a group of players can be successful DESPITE the coach.

Cheers, that's fair. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Well we won’t need to worry about whether Middleton starts, comes on as a subbie or does 9 minutes or 90 minutes.

Apparently he’s done his hamstring in in training.
    Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Not sure which poster said it this week but signing Fletcher and failing to get players around him is criminal.
    There was an interesting stat posted on EF during the week regarding games with and without Fletcher in the team.

Games with - won 2 out of 20
    Games without - won 3 out of 4 (the defeat was vs the Huns)

This to me suggests the team play a completely different way when he's in the team. Fletcher is great at what he does, but if he has no one to pick up his knock downs, then it's pointless playing long balls to him.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 17-02-2023 at 05:46 PM.

we had a spell when Watt and Middleton were playing, around the time we beat Sheep and Hibs, when I seem to remember we scored a few goals with some neat moves and low balls into the box. Not a reflection as you say on Fletcher's performances, but we should look to variate it more when we attack.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    There was an interesting star posted on EF during the week regarding games with and without Fletcher in the team.

Games with - won 2 out of 20
    Games without - won 3 out of 4 (the defeat was vs the Huns)

This to me suggests the team play a completely different way when he's in the team. Fletcher is great at what he does, but if he has no one to pick up his knock downs, then it's pointless playing long balls to him.
    I think Fletcher is brilliant at what he does and its criminal we never have anyone playing off him that understands the runs to make off him. As good as he is tho, hes as bad at finishing as anything i have EVER seen. The sheer number of good chances he has missed this season is unreal, worse than Billy Mckays count.

Sometimes just launching it up to a player who wins most (and Fletcher does) can be detrimental to the team. If getting closed down , the easy option is up tae Fletch It happened we Big Dunc to a lesser extent, but.... he was more deadly with his feet..(and hands)

I feel sorry for Fletch, as he is doing everything he is being asked to do, and doing it pretty well, but the players don't seem to be on the same page, or are being told to play other roles.

Either , get the players to support him, or leave him out. I'd hate to see that, but if this goes on much longer we will be in deeper sh*t than we are already.

Don't really want to blame Foxy... but, in reality, it is his fault. (that is not a contradiction, I am blaming him)

Tomorrow , (for us) is MASSIVE ...

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Fletcher is great at what he does, but if he has no one to pick up his knock downs, .
    Someone like, say, Nicky Clark for instance…………………………

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)