+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we really hate Forest?

My mate is a Notts fan but his wife supports Forest. My Dad is a Forest fan. I have work mates who support the darkside and they all wish to see County do well so I kinda have to return the sentiment. Do I mean it? Do I balls.. Hate? No. Intensely dislike? Most definitely. Admittedly, it's only envy of their relative success

I probably would p!ss on the city ground if it was on fire. Does that mean I don't hate them?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I hate F*rest, I want them to lose games of football and actively look out for their results.

Do I want the two clubs to have a great relationship where we benefit from loans etc well of course. It would be very counterproductive if we didn't (as we all found out due to AHs actions). Me hating them has absolutely no connection or impact on that relationship between two professional clubs.

I have got great enjoyment from their past struggles, and hope that continues throughout my football supporting life.
    This. The solid relationship we have with them for loans etc…can’t be knocked (even though little Willy Al tried his best) but on a footballing fan term…yes I do and always will. Never a big fan of people who claim to “ like all the Nottinghamshire clubs and just want them all to do well and get on.” Football is based on passionate rivalry and I’ll always “Stand Up if I hate Florest.”

I love the way new rivalry is born as well. Wrexham? Who’d have thunk it?
    Horrible result, but the intensity of going to their gaff this season was massive and we’ve already said we’re going back there next season just for the banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
    I probably would p!ss on the city ground if it was on fire. Does that mean I don't hate them?
    I wouldn't waste my piss. I'd go & buy more petrol

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    They have got to sort out where the Rowing Club will be temporarily rehoused while the work is going on, until that happens they can't begin so as you say it won't be until next year at the earliest although I'm dubious they'll ever do it.
    Thanks for the update. Definitely doesn't seem to be much urgency to solve the problems and get it rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    As a youngster, I disliked Forest.
    Now I’m not really fussed either way.
    Most of my mates are Forest fans and they all want Notts to do well. Off the back of that I sort of return the courtesy.
    I enjoy seeing the city of Nottingham doing well and us collectively having something to celebrate.
    This

Nah, I don't really hate them. I don't necessarily want them to do well, because that doesn't really benefit us.

A lot of my good friends are Forest fans, and I certainly don't hate them for it. But one thing I can say is I can't relate to the average Forest fan at all. They don't have any of the pessimistic gallows humour or self-awareness that Notts fans seem to have. There's much more of a 'we're the best and you're the worst' attitude among them. Lots of arrogance. Way more anger and aggression when things don't go their way.

Us getting promoted has definitely helped me not care about other teams as much though. If we hadn't got promoted, Forest staying up would have pissed me off. I genuinely don't care now. I'm just happy that we have something to cheer for once.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 24-05-2023 at 06:32 AM.

I did decades ago when we played them for realises, when they were still living off their European glories, when they saw themselves as in the top circle of English clubs. None of those things are true any more. I found myself curiously indifferent as to whether they were relegated (while finding it a bit sad to think of Leicester going down).

I honestly don't care about Forest at all. I don't check their results etc. I don't wish them well, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
    If the City Ground was on fire, I would contact the fire brigade.

By post.

With a second class stamp.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast