+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Those released. Where will they land?

Quote Originally Posted by LLCoolA View Post
    From what I hear, there was an offer. In fact discussions have taken place for sometime. But an offer on the proviso of a 'squad player'.
    There was an offer which surprised me to be honest
    The player didn't think it was good enough

Interesting thought popped into my head over the last day or so in that guys who made notable contributions to our NL semi and final games, a year ago, are no longer at the club. I know that all who played in those games were heroes, but there were some whose performances IMHO impacted on the results by their play or important goals. Bostock and Baldwin have just been released. Obviously, RR moved to a club playing at a higher level. My information regarding Archie Mair is that perhaps a bit surprisingly, given the fact he’s spent so much time out on loan during his time at Norwich, the Norfolk club may renew his contract depending on whether or not they get promoted back to the Premiership via the play offs. I take it from that he might become available if they succeed in that ambition.

Really hoping that another major contibutor to the aforementioned Notts’ victories, JJ, is not also departing over the Summer.
    Last edited by KintoreMagpie; 07-05-2024 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Change to the word *****

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Interesting thought popped into my head over the last day or so in that guys who made notable contributions to our NL semi and final games, a year ago, are no longer at the club. I know that all who played in those games were heroes, but there were some whose performances IMHO impacted on the results by their play or important goals. Bostock and Baldwin have just been released. Obviously, RR moved to a club playing at a higher level. My information regarding Archie Mair is that perhaps a bit surprisingly, given the fact he’s spent so much time out on loan during his time at Norwich, the Norfolk club may renew his contract depending on whether or not they get promoted back to the Premiership via the play offs. I take it from that he might become available if they succeed in that ambition.

Really hoping that another major contibutor to the aforementioned Notts’ victories, JJ, is not also departing over the Summer.
    I didn’t see a farewell love letter from Aden…did he leave with the hump?

Fell over himself trying to get out the door!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I didn't see any of his teammates making statements about him either (unlike for J. But hard to know what goes on behind the scenes. AB is still in a Notts shirt in his social media pics and I think did feel a connection to the club.

Always liked him, thought the too-many horrific errors were due to too much being asked of him. I'm sure he'll do a job elsewhere in a better-protected back line.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    To be fair most players just leave. And given the monumental amount of errors he made as others have said due to being asked to do stuff he simply isn't capable of I would imagine he is glad to be on his way. I can't see him picking up a contract in the EFL though.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    To be fair most players just leave. And given the monumental amount of errors he made as others have said due to being asked to do stuff he simply isn't capable of I would imagine he is glad to be on his way. I can't see him picking up a contract in the EFL though.

I just thought that after last season and his play off efforts/goal of the season, he may have said “thanks and see ya later.” Obvs not.

I guess as players are still contracted and being paid by Notts until 1st July when their contracts run out maybe they'll say something then.

Aden Baldwin won't be short of decent offers.

I think people are being harsh on AB. He had only 9 EFL games under his belt when he came to Notts. He's played in a successful promotion campaign, helped the team to a mid table position in it's first season back in the EFL and scored a cracking goal.
    I'm sure he'd be the first to say there were a few heart stopping moments along the way, but hey, he played in one of the more successful Notts teams. Good luck to him.
    Last edited by ThaiPie; 08-05-2024 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast