+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 172 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    If this was his first job since his sacking and he had made no attempts to atone for his behaviour etc then rightly questions would be asked. However, he has atoned, he’s done the proper rehab courses, he’s been employed by the SFA ( yes, the actual Association themselves!) and even temporarily been given the Scotland job FFS. I think it’s fair to say his baggage is in the past, he did the crime but has done his time so I really don’t think there is an issue to appointing him now, I really don’t. He certainly ticks the footballing boxes.
    more i read into it and look at it im in total agreement with yourself

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    No they're possibly not, but Mackay is supposed to a role model. A guy who is in the spotlight. A guy who may well have to manage black or Asian players & work with female members of our staff. The potential leader of our football club who we support and cheer for week in week out is a known racist, ***ist & homophobe.
    think theres an inadvertent element of all 3 in everyone being honest mate, not that anyone really means any harm by it only difference is like you say he's in spotlight and the difference is he was exposed.

If this was his first job since his sacking and he had made no attempts to atone for his behaviour etc then rightly questions would be asked. However, he has atoned, he’s done the proper rehab courses, he’s been employed by the SFA ( yes, the actual Association themselves!) and even temporarily been given the Scotland job FFS. I think it’s fair to say his baggage is in the past, he did the crime but has done his time so I really don’t think there is an issue to appointing him now, I really don’t. He certainly ticks the footballing boxes.
    All very valid points. It still won't sit right with a lot of fans though. I was originally of the opinion that a lot of it wil be forgotten about after a while but reading social media this morning I'm not so sure.

All very valid points. It still won't sit right with a lot of fans though. I was originally of the opinion that a lot of it wil be forgotten about after a while but reading social media this morning I'm not so sure.
    but the same fans more than likely welcomed back goodie? Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    think theres an inadvertent element of all 3 in everyone being honest mate, not that anyone really means any harm by it only difference is like you say he's in spotlight and the difference is he was exposed.
    Yeah, spot on mate.

For those doubters this would hopefully put some minds at ease.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...4LO5FIBD4ltiF8

On the Malky, I would say if he was welcomed back into the SFA fold with his appointment there then that should be the line drawn under the sorry affair. If he wants the job and we want him then so be it.

For those doubters this would hopefully put some minds at ease.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...4LO5FIBD4ltiF8
    Yeah, I've seen all that. Posted the fact the Kick It Out campaign backed his SFA appointment on here yesterday. Not sure everyone has however. Either that or they just aren't willing to let it lie.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    right slightly controversial here but is anything he's said any worse than what people have read on social media or heard in boozers, some posters on here of old had said worse IMO.

he's been through rehab and was even backed by anti-racism campaigners for his SFA appointment

Yes it would raise eyebrows but would it stop me going back, would it f uck.
    Totally agree.

He has a great football track record.

How long has he to be punished for texting the word "chinky".

Mr Mackay's agent, Raymond Sparkes, told BBC Scotland that the FA's investigative committee had examined 9,000 texts exchanged between Mackay and Cardiff City's former head of player recruitment Iain Moody.
    Of these, three sent by Mackay were found to have been unacceptable - with Mackay immediately apologising.
    Mr Sparkes added: "If you were to know Malky Mackay, you would know him as a good man, from a good family, with good values".
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 28-06-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Yeah, I've seen all that. Posted the fact the Kick It Out campaign backed his SFA appointment on here yesterday. Not sure everyone has however. Either that or they just aren't willing to let it lie.
    I’m not sure what more the guy could/can do. We’ve ALL made mistakes in life and yes I get the double standards regarding Goodie - I wonder if some of the same MacKay doubters would conversely have accepted Goodie back with open arms. I wouldn’t want to see Goodwillie anywhere near a Tangerine jersey ever again, precisely as he has expressed no remorse or acceptance that whatever happened that night was in anyway caused by his behaviour. In contrast, MacKay has been the exact opposite and IMHO deserves a second chance. I was a Tommy Wright fanboy previously, but the MacKay thing has come in from left field and the one I would want to see in place now to be honest. Without a shadow of a doubt he would represent a massive upgrade on his predecessor and we’d come out with 200k in our hipper on top. Win-Win in my book.

Page 52 of 172 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)