+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Just a personal view on this but, if there was a way he could be banned from ever standing for public office again, I'd back it to the hilt.
    Totally agree...unfortunately you only have to look at Milan yesterday to see how these things can be all too easily forgotten. Berlusconi was banned, in the way you suggest, and yet yesterday he received a State Funeral...albeit with no foreign dignitaries in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Totally agree...unfortunately you only have to look at Milan yesterday to see how these things can be all too easily forgotten. Berlusconi was banned, in the way you suggest, and yet yesterday he received a State Funeral...albeit with no foreign dignitaries in attendance.
    I'm not sure they ahve been forgotten rA, but Berlusconi was in power for a lot longer than Johnson in any case and is still held in high regard by many Italians. He was one could say thepioneer of this right wing populistic politics, even extending to changing the law when in power to remove criminal charges against him.

But as history shows, voters seem to ignore these leaders issues around corruption and rule breaking for some reason known only to themselves. Hopefully the British electorate isn't that dumb but I wouldn't hold my breath!

Why are we even talking about Boris Johnson? he isn't even an MP anymore. OH the irony

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Why are we even talking about Boris Johnson? he isn't even an MP anymore. OH the irony
    ...and your point is?
    He was until a very short time ago, as indeed he was PM less than a year ago until being caught out blatantly lying time and time again. That’s probably why we’re talking about him.
    Having repeatedly defended him, most especially over your beloved Brexit, which even you must now recognise was built upon another web of lies, perhaps that’s why you might prefer him not to be discussed.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-06-2023 at 12:44 PM.

...and your point is?
    He was until a very short time ago, as indeed he was PM less than a year ago until being caught out blatantly lying time and time again. That’s probably why we’re talking about him.
    Having repeatedly defended him, most especially over your beloved Brexit, which even you must now recognise was built upon another web of lies, perhaps that’s why you might prefer him not to be discussed.
    Well we do have the ongoing soap opera as various MP's and hangers on in the Tory party now with a straight face support Johnson, admittedly very few of them but we had the Fail, The Express, The Sun and The Torygraph describing the incompetent, self entitled narcissistic, lying disrespectful arse as if he was actually anything other than a total disaster for the UK from the moment the utter fools in the Tory party elected him as leader.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well we do have the ongoing soap opera as various MP's and hangers on in the Tory party now with a straight face support Johnson, admittedly very few of them but we had the Fail, The Express, The Sun and The Torygraph describing the incompetent, self entitled narcissistic, lying disrespectful arse as if he was actually anything other than a total disaster for the UK from the moment the utter fools in the Tory party elected him as leader.
    Even more astonishingly Swale, we now have Rhys Mogg defending him and criticising the committee that investigated him suggesting that they weren’t impartial and were biased against Johnson from the start.
    That’ll be the same Rhys Mogg who is a die hard defender of Brexit and has recently been honoured by the aforementioned incompetent and self entitled narcissistic liar. No bias or lack of impartiality there then.

Probably a similar lack of bias and impartiality as you're displaying 😄

...and your point is?
    It was a dig in your ribs RA, in the same vein, as when I have a pop at Diane Abbott. Only Abbott is still an MP out in limbo, whilst Johnson, is outcast and not running anymore. Even you can see that. Nothing to see here.

I did raise a smile at the ACM Ultras doing "if ya dunt chuffin bahns yer a commie" or Italian words to that effect.

I also smiled at there being no designated successor to his Forza throne. I then outright laughed when it was reported that his heirs were arguing like hell over who inherits what. As ever, he's leaving chaos in his wake...

Time for Johnson to quit politics, he will make a fortune doing after dinner speeches, maybe even I'm a celebrity.

He's certainly a polarising character, of major political figures he's probably the only one I could find myself being able to talk to over a pint, but he's about as trustworthy as a bucket with no bottom.

Just wish sunak would call an election and bring the whole sorry mess to an end.

Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)