+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 New Manager [Luke Williams Appointed]

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    New managerial appointment tomorrow
    Luke tisdale who ever he is
    You are a very brave man or are you by some miracle ITK ??

This guy has ben mentioned before and recently left his post as coach at Coventry City...

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I’m not saying it won’t be Tisdale (I have no info!), but I think that kind of thing is unlikely because:

Look at the owners’ statements both after sacking Ardley and when Burchnall left. It’s all about ‘profiling’ people on their style of football and whether it would suit us. You can’t get that kind of insight on someone like Tisdale because he’s not managed anyone yet, and under 23 stuff won’t be that useful because general they’ll be under instructions to play the same systems and style as the first team.

Basically, we know we’ve approached Derry and Altrincham to interview their managers, but they leaked because they weren’t interested. I expect there’s a few like that which haven’t leaked and we’re talking to, and if I had to I’d put my money on that kind of appointment.
    Didn’t know we had approached Derry. The approach to Parkinson does throw a spanner in the works that it was Tisdale from the start. Though I did read somewhere Cheltenham were interested in him, maybe he knew that and him and his agent are keeping options open and we have done the same, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Yes I blame Hardy. Been over it numerous times.
    Indeed we have.

If you choose to ignore the fact that Neal Ardley took us into non-league, he did ok.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Yeah, it did rather ''hobble'' NA only having 75 players to choose from.
    When those players consist of Richard Duffy, Dan Jones, Elliott Hewitt and Noor Husin and the like, it's not really a choice is it

How come I can't access page 52

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    How come I can't access page 52

I can.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Didn’t know we had approached Derry. The approach to Parkinson does throw a spanner in the works that it was Tisdale from the start. Though I did read somewhere Cheltenham were interested in him, maybe he knew that and him and his agent are keeping options open and we have done the same, who knows.
    Yes, was in their local paper that we’d approached to speak but he was happy there.

Again, no inside info, but I suspect Parkinson is one of a number of people we’ve approached, but we know about that because someone caught wind (likely at their end, we never seem to leak), put a few quid on and because of the speculation from him being odds on, they felt they had to put something out to calm their fans down.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Yes, was in their local paper that we’d approached to speak but he was happy there.

Again, no inside info, but I suspect Parkinson is one of a number of people we’ve approached, but we know about that because someone caught wind (likely at their end, we never seem to leak), put a few quid on and because of the speculation from him being odds on, they felt they had to put something out to calm their fans down.
    Anyone got the latest odds? Asking cos I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Indeed we have.

If you choose to ignore the fact that Neal Ardley took us into non-league, he did ok.
    Yep one bad season out of ten, previously got a small club into L1 and kept them there, this season they were relegated. Following 3 seasons probably averaged 3rd to 4th, he’s not the messiah but it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to work out there was probably a lot going on behind the scenes player/owner wise that caused him to have his worse season by some distance, as Laddo says, it’s long gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Anyone got the latest odds? Asking cos I'm bored.
    4 - 1 favourite Gumpy

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackr...s/notts-county

Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast