+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Burt Bacharach at the Band Stand last night. Brilliant venue, particularly in the sunshine. They don't make hit-makers like him anymore. Still going strong at 91.

That's the third outdoor gig for me this summer and struck it lucky with the weather each time. The cure next month though, so guaranteed to pish down.

I’m going to the Cure as well.

Scottish pipe bang championships today in DUMBarton. It’s like Christmas Day for teuchters. Hope you all have fun on your day out in the big smoke. Enjoy the flushing toilets, electricity & daylight

Fits the date of the Cure?

August 16th

Ach ill be at Dundalk v Finn Harps and on my holidays with Jnr

Was at Burt Bacharach as well. Nigh on perfect, over more than two hours. What a songbook. Wee gripe that he curtailed a lot of the classics in favour of newer stuff, but still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

A House is Not a Home would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Was at Burt Bacharach as well. Nigh on perfect, over more than two hours. What a songbook. Wee gripe that he curtailed a lot of the classics in favour of newer stuff, but still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

A House is Not a Home would bring a tear to a glass eye.
    One of the best shows I've been to as well. Quite special. Didn't realise how humfy backit he was. I guess being at the piano for almost 91yrs does that to you. Very sharp though, I liked his anecdotes. I think he'll have a few years left in him yet. A life worth living.

The Hollywood medley and Falling Out of Love were my highlights.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 27-07-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m going to the Cure as well.

Scottish pipe bang championships today in DUMBarton. It’s like Christmas Day for teuchters. Hope you all have fun on your day out in the big smoke. Enjoy the flushing toilets, electricity & daylight
    If it's nice I'm planning on seeing all 3 support acts as well.

I might give Mogwai a second chance. Went to see them years ago at the Connect Festival. The drummer came out wearing a St.Pauli top & wrapped a Celtic scarf round his kit. I went to watch someone else

Very much looking forward to The National @ Kelvingrove band stand a week on Wednesday.

Hoping it doesnae rain, kind of wishing I'd lashed out on both nights now but at north of £50 a ticket that might've been extravagant.

KrakowDon if you're looking in I'm available for West End beers post gig, I'll drop you a text closer to the time.

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast