+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 537 of 625 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547587 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    It's this quote form Docherty that takes the biscuit:
    He is not just a manager with a proven track record, but a manager that has shown real loyalty to this club

Oh really!? Whoring yourself to Sevco and then spitting the dummy out the pram when you don't get the deal you want and come running back as if you were never serious about leaving?
    Take a hike.
    I’ve been very vocal in my criticism of Derek and Doc as the football has sunk to tepid lows, but i think a degree of realism is required on this issue. I think Dereks affection for and desire to succeed with AFC is very real. That doesn’t mean he’s the right man because of that but i don’t question his loyalty to the Aberdeen cause in the slightest. If it’s all gone tits up by May then it won’t be because of that issue. Tony Docherty is venting, and while it might not have been the wisest turn of phrase, at least their’s fight in the dog. I’ve had it with the holes in the team and the utterly mind blowingly bad football but i don’t doubt the management teams professionalism and attitude towards the club. Quite the opposite. If results matched that, then we’d be top of the league.

Which of course we will never again be at the end of a season.

"but i don’t doubt the management teams professionalism and attitude towards the club. Quite the opposite. If results matched that, then we’d be top of the league."

Not sure what you are basing that on?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    "but i don’t doubt the management teams professionalism and attitude towards the club. Quite the opposite. If results matched that, then we’d be top of the league."

Not sure what you are basing that on?
    I worked for the club for years (albeit 15/20 years ago) and still have good friends there. He is very highly thought of in those regards. And i can stress from personal experience that when that isn’t the case, it’s often very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    I worked for the club for years (albeit 15/20 years ago) and still have good friends there. He is very highly thought of in those regards. And i can stress from personal experience that when that isn’t the case, it’s often very clear.
    Fair enough, i just cant see how his utter shambles of signings, flirting with sevco and shocking tactics adds up?

Is one of your good friends Milne?

No but i always liked him in every dealing i had with him. A man who loves the club. Certainly didn’t work out the way everyone wanted an awful lot of the time but he’s a proper Dandy.

Mason?

I think maybe part of the problem is that folks don’t appreciate just how passionate and dedicated to the cause the back room team at the club are. Very unified. Very dedicated. Very intent on winning. It’s still very much a family club with core values. When i see some of the interviews, the first thing that crosses my mind is that you can be damn sure that the post match break down that the cameras get won’t be the same one as the team get. I’ve no doubt the management were genuinely stung by the “Get teh fhuk” chants and to a degree I sympathize with Docherty’s reaction. Still don’t think it was wise to accelerate the divisions by giving the Aberdeen bating Glasgow press *******s red meat to chew on but everyone’s got their pride.

It goes two ways from here. A humping from the filth with no doubt accelerate option No.1.

I completely appreciate that people on here will no doubt have polar opposite views to what I’m laying out. I’m describing my opinion based on my own experience.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    I think maybe part of the problem is that folks don’t appreciate just how passionate and dedicated to the cause the back room team at the club are. Very unified. Very dedicated. Very intent on winning. It’s still very much a family club with core values. When i see some of the interviews, the first thing that crosses my mind is that you can be damn sure that the post match break down that the cameras get won’t be the same one as the team get. I’ve no doubt the management were genuinely stung by the “Get teh fhuk” chants and to a degree I sympathize with Docherty’s reaction. Still don’t think it was wise to accelerate the divisions by giving the Aberdeen bating Glasgow press *******s red meat to chew on but everyone’s got their pride.

It goes two ways from here. A humping from the filth with no doubt accelerate option No.1.
    I am sorry i cant share your opinion, Mcinnes spent weeks soul searching while we lost back to back games against sevco...thats not dedicated to the cause.

Milne phucked Aberdeen FC and the whole of Scottish Football with not changing the voting structure.

Phuck knows what core values you are talking about...

Doherty’s rant shows how completely out of touch with us him and McInnes are. I actually do not doubt their passion for the club, but they are paid a great wage and are underperforming.

Attendances are down, DNA membership is down, we have our lowest points total under their tenure. These are facts that cannot be ignored, but Doherty chose to.

The subjective elements of entertainment, team selection, boring football are subjective. But every AFC fan I know realises we are being short changed. But again, Doherty chooses to ignore this and instead defend his boss to the hilt.

It’s a bit like the “it’s not me, it’s everyone else” syndrome, making them out to be the smart guys whilst us, the fans, are thick.

Doherty’s interview was the worst thing he could have done. Some humility, saying “we understand the disappointment”, “we are not playing well”, “we are in this together with the fans” would have worked. But his fvcking arrogance has driven the wedge deeper.

TD is a plumb who has got extremely lucky in life. This is almost definitely the biggest wage he will ever get, yet he can’t see it.

I will be at Ibrox on Saturday because AFC is in my blood. Managers, players come and go. But we, the fans, are permanent.

Page 537 of 625 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547587 ... LastLast