+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thank you for your usual insightful input Joe, but I think we all knew that. The question was why did he say it? He's experienced enough to know that it wouldn't pass unnoticed, but did he say it because he is speaking from the heart and saying what the majority want to hear, or did he say it to weaken the PM's position in the hope of eventually taking her job?
    He had a meeting recently with Steve Gannon who has plans to actively encourage populism across Europe. Maybe this emboldened him to make a stand on an issue (one of many) that has previously been brushed under the carpet. If you read the actual article it in no way warrants the level of faux outrage that it has provoked. There are far more genuine issues where outrage would be appropriate but are greeted only by apathy and denial.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    He had a meeting recently with Steve Gannon who has plans to actively encourage populism across Europe. Maybe this emboldened him to make a stand on an issue (one of many) that has previously been brushed under the carpet. If you read the actual article it in no way warrants the level of faux outrage that it has provoked. There are far more genuine issues where outrage would be appropriate but are greeted only by apathy and denial.
    There was an American, Muslim woman on the BBC earlier today who spoke a great deal of sense and basically said the same thing.

This was obviously supposed to have said Steve Bannon but it auto corrected incorrectly......damn technology!

Are they cheaper than Royal Mail ?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Are they cheaper than Royal Mail ?
    Muslim women look like letter boxes....simple....someone actually said it "oh dear, he must be a bad lad"

I feel a bit sorry for Muslim guys, how the hell can you pick a future bride from the look in their eyes, through a veiled cloth?.....no wonder they get angry after 2 years of marriage and want to blow everyone else away...jihadist?.....more like pissed-off bridegroom that ain't getting a proper blow-job

Thank you for your usual insightful input Joe, but I think we all knew that. The question was why did he say it? He's experienced enough to know that it wouldn't pass unnoticed, but did he say it because he is speaking from the heart and saying what the majority want to hear, or did he say it to weaken the PM's position in the hope of eventually taking her job?

Perhaps, just perhaps he is saying what the majority agree with, that must get up your nose. Nothing Corbyn about what he says, that Marxist bends with the wind.

He had a meeting recently with Steve Gannon who has plans to actively encourage populism across Europe. Maybe this emboldened him to make a stand on an issue (one of many) that has previously been brushed under the carpet.
    So that reply suggests that you see Boris as a principled man of the people who refuses to be silenced rather than a cynical, conniving opportunist who is only concerned with his own career prospects.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Perhaps, just perhaps he is saying what the majority agree with.
    I didn't dispute that, I asked why he decided to say it. I'll repeat it just for you - did he say it because he's a principled man of the people who refuses to be silenced, or is he a cynical, conniving opportunist who is only concerned with his own career prospects?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Perhaps, just perhaps he is saying what the majority agree with, that must get up your nose. Nothing Corbyn about what he says, that Marxist bends with the wind.
    Surely someone in his position should be able to debate an issue such as this without resorting to cheap jibes (bankrobbers, post boxes etc).

He's a loose cannon and if he gets May's job I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to decide who would be best as PM after a General Election - Corbyn or Johnson. Talk about the devil or the deep blue sea!

So that reply suggests that you see Boris as a principled man of the people who refuses to be silenced rather than a cynical, conniving opportunist who is only concerned with his own career prospects.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one!
    No Elite, I don't really know what to make of Boris if I'm honest. He has his bad points for sure but he's not a villain. Easy to target for obvious reasons but not the buffoon some like to paint him as. I'm not prepared to write him off just yet but my jury is still definitely out on him and I'll see what happens.

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast