+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    When Macron calls for a EU army
    Out of interest, what exactly is your objection to an EU army? I saw a post from one of your fellow fans suggesting that only the Brits would be on the front line and only the Brits would contribute financially, but I treated that with the contempt it deserved. Seeing as it's highly unlikely that any member state would declare war on any other (and even if they did, the EU could act as arbiter) what's the problem? An army is a necessary evil but it swallows up huge costs, so why not spread that cost rather than take it on alone?

Yep, the border is as hard as the EU want it to be.
    If it's a border job with check points so be it.

Your question is another example of the tail wagging the dog.

We've been sucked in over 40 years until there is a whole host of tie wraps tripping you up.

Let me ask you a question. Will it be any harder for you to visit, USA/Australia/Nigeria/Brazil/Morrocco after Brexit?

Will it **** as like. The same applies to Europe. It is as difficult as the EU wants it to be.
    Why are they difficult? Because the toys are out of the pram, as their EU utopia superstate has had a set back.
    When Macron calls for a EU army, calls the USA an enemy and wants an Empire. Then the fruit loops are getting very cocky.

You seem to want this?
    Not sure there's any need to use **** on a post like this, but there you go.

Scaremongering. It would not be a European army according to the EU Commisioners but under joint command. And he's not called the USA an enemy but it was in response to Trump's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Scaremongering. It would not be a European army according to the EU Commisioners but under joint command. And he's not called the USA an enemy but it was in response to Trump's comments.
    All true, but if The Sun and a few white supremacist websites use similar terms Tricky will eagerly take it on board. He calls other people jellyfish, but if he really does believe these scare stories (no reason to think otherwise from his posts) then he must lie trembling under his bedsheets at night and wake up with a wet mattress in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    All true, but if The Sun and a few white supremacist websites use similar terms Tricky will eagerly take it on board. He calls other people jellyfish, but if he really does believe these scare stories (no reason to think otherwise from his posts) then he must lie trembling under his bedsheets at night and wake up with a wet mattress in the morning.

A wet mistress would be better.

Out of interest, what exactly is your objection to an EU army? I saw a post from one of your fellow fans suggesting that only the Brits would be on the front line and only the Brits would contribute financially, but I treated that with the contempt it deserved. Seeing as it's highly unlikely that any member state would declare war on any other (and even if they did, the EU could act as arbiter) what's the problem? An army is a necessary evil but it swallows up huge costs, so why not spread that cost rather than take it on alone?
    Indeed. A common European defence force has been mooted since the 50s, Churchill was strongly in favour of it although he never said he wanted to be part of it. The EU has adopted majority voting in a lot of areas but not defence, so there's no way that we would have to be part of it if we didn't want to.

The single currency has been around for almost 20 years and was planned a long time before that.

I don't know exactly what kind of wisdom were supposed to credit Farage with for these predictions.

The threat doesn't come from other member states , it comes from the east. God help us if the Russians ever attacked and the yanks didn't help us again.

So Sky news is a supremacist website is it?

https://news.sky.com/story/emmanuel-...nd-us-11546376

I'll tell you my beef with a European army.

It's designed as part of the superstate structure. Once you're in you're in.
    NATO has kept the peace in Europe for 70 years. Even with countries like Germany reneging on its commitments to cost.
    Germany being the most protected country in Europe, after WW2
    Yet any NATO member can quit and walk away if it wants. France did such a thing once, before running back.
    NATO even has countries like Turkey in it, which brings a welcome buffer militarily from Asia.

The EU has gone out of its way to poke the Russian bear, with places like the Ukraine.
    Now if you was Putin, who would you be more weary of? A European army or one with USA back up?
    Think i'll bat for the yanks on that one,

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Indeed. A common European defence force has been mooted since the 50s, Churchill was strongly in favour of it although he never said he wanted to be part of it. The EU has adopted majority voting in a lot of areas but not defence, so there's no way that we would have to be part of it if we didn't want to.

The single currency has been around for almost 20 years and was planned a long time before that.

I don't know exactly what kind of wisdom were supposed to credit Farage with for these predictions.
    Really Driller?

I am talking about the repeated lies of denial by our MP's regarding European direction.
    We was sold this pup on the pretext of a common market, no more.

Farage has been warning for years of where it was leading and the denials still came.
    Single currency? We'd get it eventually, it has always been pencilled in. Brown nearly got it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-the-euro.html

EU army, nothing but fantasy people like Clegg screamed. Only it wasn't was it?

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...gerous-fantasy

Now I;m hearing you talk about it, as though it was all perfectly understandable and acceptable?
    It isn't. Lies upon lies

I've said before, Heath knew all this. It was buried in the official archives for 30 years.
    That is something to really scream about, not a slogan on the bleeding bus.

You seem to forget, UKIP members led by Farage were voted into the European parliament by the British public. Way ahead of Tories and Liebour.
    The public smelt a rat and they was right.

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”

― Mikhail Gorbachev

Really Driller?

I am talking about the repeated lies of denial by our MP's regarding European direction.
    We was sold this pup on the pretext of a common market, no more.

Farage has been warning for years of where it was leading and the denials still came.
    Single currency? We'd get it eventually, it has always been pencilled in. Brown nearly got it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-the-euro.html

EU army, nothing but fantasy people like Clegg screamed. Only it wasn't was it?

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...gerous-fantasy

Now I;m hearing you talk about it, as though it was all perfectly understandable and acceptable?
    It isn't. Lies upon lies

I've said before, Heath knew all this. It was buried in the official archives for 30 years.
    That is something to really scream about, not a slogan on the bleeding bus.

You seem to forget, UKIP members led by Farage were voted into the European parliament by the British public. Way ahead of Tories and Liebour.
    The public smelt a rat and they was right.
    So you are trying to tell us that we would have to adopt the euro but not once was that mentioned by any of the leave campaigns? Scaremongering again .

If Farage was so wonderful, why did he have such an appalling voting record - out of 746 he came 745t h! Why was he docked half his monthly salary? Because he mis-spent public money.

He was about one person - himself. And some wanted him to be our negotiator!

Who was the rat?

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast