+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Talking about a Hotel,Training Ground,Championship,have money according to Slater & will purchase Notts regardless of where we finish up
    I don't want talk of all these ambitions - just give us a dozen or so footballers and a manager. The rest can wait.

Pound land here we come

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I don't want talk of all these ambitions - just give us a dozen or so footballers and a manager. The rest can wait.
    Couldn't agree more. Get the basics right first, leave the dreams till later.

If I were the “potential” new owners... I’d turn 90 degrees and keep walking

We just need owners who will shut up, zip up, pay up and take us up

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    We just need owners who will shut up, zip up, pay up and take us up
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    All football clubs have massive potential tho, don't they? All you need is to get @ 20 vacancies filled by reasonably able people and you're away. Something we've not been able to do for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    The problem at Notts since the 1990s has definitely been the owners. Fword were a major problem for Dunnet in the latter days, and pretty much all the way through for Pavis, but not now. Fans are turning up in good numbers, you can't blame the Nottingham public. It's a succession of bad owners. We've been extremely unlucky in that regard. The next chairman will be the seventh to have a go at it in less than 20 years. We had just two chiarman in the previous 32 years.

We don’t even know if they will takeover yet nothing is done until it is signed.

If they have said all the above then they are falling into the same trap as the last few.

It’s going to get even worse next season when whatever rag tag team we put out gets a few 3-0 beatings at Dover or Bromley not a chance will we bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    It’s going to get even worse next season when whatever rag tag team we put out gets a few 3-0 beatings at Dover or Bromley not a chance will we bounce back.

Going back a few years, Lincoln and Doncaster bounced straight back, but that was when the Vanarama was a much less professional division. Recently most ex League teams have struggled in their 1st season, Lincoln, Mansfield, Chessie, Orient, Luton to name but a few. Anyone that thinks that somehow it's a 'rebirth' or will give us fresh impetus, is sadly mistaken.

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast