+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 550 of 625 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

We’re on what seems a slow, interminable path towards a parting of the ways with McInnes.
    The obvious key is the cup.
    Win on Saturday & he’s here probably until the end of the season.
    Lose & he could be gone next week, but still unlikely.
    What’s more likely is that with the run in we have to the split, we’ll be 5th come April.
    If at the split it’s 5th & no cup semi then it should be “thanks for everything but times up”.
    If it’s 5th with a cup semi he probably deserves the right to try & win the cup.
    But it does seem to be going down an inevitable path IMO.

I'm really intrigued by this McInnes away by the summer theory that's going around. I'm not saying it's not right, and at this point with Milne not in charge of recruitment, I'd not be unhappy, but I've not seen any evidence for it on here. Is there a lot of chat about this back home? Is there anything to substantiate it? Or is it just wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I'm really intrigued by this McInnes away by the summer theory that's going around. I'm not saying it's not right, and at this point with Milne not in charge of recruitment, I'd not be unhappy, but I've not seen any evidence for it on here. Is there a lot of chat about this back home? Is there anything to substantiate it? Or is it just wishful thinking?
    It's just speculation, he'll be off after he wins us the Scottish cup.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    It's just speculation, he'll be off after he wins us the Scottish cup.
    HeHe, like it.

One of the rumours of a source was said to be Dave Cormack's son.
    I'd guess also the natural end of season time, makes sense that any planned managerial change would occur then, especially if the replacement is already in a role

McInnes took over at the split 7 years ago.
    That might be a good time to part ways (if out the Cup)
    Gives a new man time to assess the squad against the 5 best teams in the league & in 5-6 weeks of training.

Sadly most are under contract & hard to get rid of.

As pish as we are and despite how much harder it is to win the Scottish Cup, I don't think it's beyond us.

No doubt we won't get by the semi finals but will finish 3rd and it'll be hailed as a successful season again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    As pish as we are and despite how much harder it is to win the Scottish Cup, I don't think it's beyond us.

No doubt we won't get by the semi finals but will finish 3rd and it'll be hailed as a successful season again.
    I agree with that but reality will hit home for Cormack when he sees the scale of reduction in season ticket sales and that’s ultimately what will cost McInnes his job

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    HeHe, like it.

One of the rumours of a source was said to be Dave Cormack's son.
    I'd guess also the natural end of season time, makes sense that any planned managerial change would occur then, especially if the replacement is already in a role
    I got told that McInnes has said he is definitely away at the end of the season no matter.
    I think the manager our club are after won’t be available until the summer. The American finance people behind our club would have looked at what we have done since they have came in and it’s normal to want your own choice of manager to lead your team.
    The good news is Del is definitely away...get the balloons out.

Let’s face it, we were oot the cup on Wednesday if Killie hadn’t brought on that numpty at the end.
    I can’t blame him for the own goal but that “tackle” on Ferguson to give away the penalty was ridiculous ( if not very welcome)

If we win the scottish cup he would be daft to stay as he does not have the ability to build on something like that - he'd be wiser to go out on a high and be remembered for that success. I can't really see us winning it though but I think he'll do enough to get us through the next round for another day out at Hampden. Depending on who we get drawn against he might make it to the final.

I think McInnes must be at the point where he's getting bored of the job and realises the fans want more than he is capable of providing. I also doubt whether he'll like the new set up with Cormack and the Americans - while Milne was around McInnes was pretty much the top dog... but not any more.

With all that in mind, I reckon whatever happens between now and the end of the season, he'll be away in the summer, or at the point at which our season becomes meaningless... ie if we're out of the cup and no longer able to qualify for Europe.

Page 550 of 625 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600 ... LastLast