+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League 2019-20 campaign

Rangers and Celtic making the group stages is bad news for us. But lets not forget that the real bad news for us is not the fact that they are there, but that we are not there when we had the best opportunity we've ever had to get there. The bad news isn't simply that they're earning millions more, it's that we could have been there earning the same (which would make a bigger difference to a club our size than it will to them) but we totally screwed it up for numerous reasons which we've already discected to death on here. For me that's the real frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The whole 'the scum being tired after europa' thing never helped us. I remember the odd occasion when the likes of Kilmarnock or Hamilton got one over them and 'tiredness' was the excuse given but I can't remember any times we've played them and benefited.
    Them dropping points to anybody else benefits us. Doesn't matter if it's not us that beats them.

At least it would if we could win our own ****ing games to help capitalise on their fatigue induced slip ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Them dropping points to anybody else benefits us. Doesn't matter if it's not us that beats them.

At least it would if we could win our own ****ing games to help capitalise on their fatigue induced slip ups.
    Sevco got to the groups for the first time ever last season and went out in December and the pigs were kicking about too and went further and were knocked out in February

The pigs were 9 ahead of sevco and 20 ahead of Killie in third at the season end. In lamens terms-pissed it

Sevco were obviously 11 ahead of Killie in third at the season end

Major flaw in your fatigue argument. Especially when both cheeks have a stronger team this year too

But aye good luck to them for the benefit of Scottish fitba.

F@CK THEM BOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Sevco got to the groups for the first time ever last season and went out in December and the pigs were kicking about too and went further and were knocked out in February

The pigs were 9 ahead of sevco and 20 ahead of Killie in third at the season end. In lamens terms-pissed it

Sevco were obviously 11 ahead of Killie in third at the season end

Major flaw in your fatigue argument. Especially when both cheeks have a stronger team this year too

But aye good luck to them for the benefit of Scottish fitba.

F@CK THEM BOTH
    Nor did Celtic look particularly fatigued in 2016/2017 when they reached the Champions League group stages whilst going through the domestic season unbeaten.

Indeed, when the ugly sisters get papped out, usually in December, it seems to put renewed impetus on their domestic campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Nor did Celtic look particularly fatigued in 2016/2017 when they reached the Champions League group stages whilst going through the domestic season unbeaten.

Indeed, when the ugly sisters get papped out, usually in December, it seems to put renewed impetus on their domestic campaigns.
    Aye but some have this mad idea that it helps the league. Theres no proof whatsoever. Just sounds like sympathising with the gruesomes to me

The best thing for Scottish football would be UEFA properly calling out the arse cheeks and their SPFL and SFA fanboys for the evil, bigoted, entitled, sectarian scum they all are and kick them all out of civilised football society. If that means we are denied the opportunity to exit European football at the third qualifying round again, then I think we can cope with that. Could the sectarian weegees cope with the loss of income? Maybe if the whole of Scottish football, including the International team, were prevented from competing against civilised society, maybe even the masonic scum in charge of the SFA would get, or would be given, the message that they don’t represent civilised society (as represented by Aberdeen Football Club and this forum).

Its about time we had the balls to do it all by ourselves instead of pointless conversations re well if they lose that'll help us blah blah...i'm still scunnered after that utter shambles the other week, without doubt my personal low point as a Dons fan under McInnes...

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Its about time we had the balls to do it all by ourselves instead of pointless conversations re well if they lose that'll help us blah blah...i'm still scunnered after that utter shambles the other week, without doubt my personal low point as a Dons fan under McInnes...
    The naked truth is as things stand Aberdeen are ****ed. We can do nothing but hope for crumbs off the table. Sadly that's our role. That's the harsh reality under the stewardship of Milne.

How to change the situation?

Somebody mentioned the other night that Blackpool fans got rid of their iffy owners by boycotting.

I don't think Aberdonians have that level of militancy or self sacrifice in them so it's just a waiting game until he either dies or quits I'm afraid.

He’ll be away as soon as he has secured Pittodrie for jerry built but profitable flats. He will probably have the gall to call them Alex Ferguson Court, Willie Miller Court,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fairliered View Post
    He’ll be away as soon as he has secured Pittodrie for jerry built but profitable flats. He will probably have the gall to call them Alex Ferguson Court, Willie Miller Court,etc.
    Ah was it not Ferguson Court where we lost the first Gothenburg great?

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast