+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: SA consortium

There's a few slightly reassuring titbits in there, mainly the reports that talks have been ongoing and it hasn't just been AH stubbornly sat in his office doing nothing for the last week. How much of this frustration and concern (which is perfectly understandable, and which I share to a degree) might have been averted had AH not got up in front of a microphone announcing unrealistic timescales within minutes of our relegation? All he's achieved in doing that is increasing the resentment against him and distrust that this is ever going to get resolved.

It’s all very simple though... the Chicken farmers can simply release a statement saying, talks are progressing and we’ll soon have everything wrapped up and everything will be wonderful and we’ll all be happy.

.... but they haven’t, so we’re not

All from BBC website -

'Notts County owner and chairman Alan Hardy says he has received two offers to buy the ailing League Two club...
    "I have now received two formal offers which meet my expectations," Hardy said.
    'Notts County owner Alan Hardy says he has accepted an offer to buy the troubled League Two club.' - 3rd March.

Hardy said the offer was from a "very credible party", who were now undertaking due diligence' -
    4th April.

'7-10 days blah blah blah' - 4th May.

'"It has been a horrendous six months - the worst of my life. On paper it has cost me £35m' - 18th May.

The timeline is complete gibberish as the offer referred to in the press release must be the actual position. It was issued via a law firm which is a genuine player in this field and which would've been involved in any such offer. In short the mass panic would've been far less if it had been for Mr Mitty needing attention periodically.

We're now only 4 months off the date the club went up for sale which is quite quick for a takeover like this as others have mentioned. If Big Al had touted it round before winkygate then it's a bit of a coincidence that all the supposed interest materialised afterwards. If he'd kept his trap shut early on we'd be a lot less anxious, which is basically the story of his whole tenure.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...ompany-2926549
    I bet the South Africans didn't expect this

Doesn't really bother them really? They'll buy Notts and after that, it's up to Hardy to save his golf course

I've just had a couple of minutes conversation with my ex Notts employee friend.
    He said a while back we'd get positive news a couple of Fridays ago. That was regarding the statement made by the SAs

He has just said that the deal is still going through but there have been one or two stumbling blocks that have held up the transfer of control.

I can't go into details (as I'd get shot at very quickly) but one is rather annoying but can be sorted reasonibly quickly. The other is concerning something that has been mentioned here a few times recently as in the last few pages of this thread. BUT he did say he is almost positive a deal will be done before the court appearance.

He also said the other interested party are a couple of months behind the SAs due to exclusivity and that we have to cross all fingers etc that the SAs sort it over the weekend.

Finally is this now the biggest commented thread on NCM? I'm sure I didn't see this many posts on the munto one lol

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Finally is this now the biggest commented thread on NCM? I'm sure I didn't see this many posts on the munto one lol
    It's currently in second place in terms of on-topic posts

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  13.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    I've just had a couple of minutes conversation with my ex Notts employee friend.
    He said a while back we'd get positive news a couple of Fridays ago. That was regarding the statement made by the SAs

He has just said that the deal is still going through but there have been one or two stumbling blocks that have held up the transfer of control.

I can't go into details (as I'd get shot at very quickly) but one is rather annoying but can be sorted reasonibly quickly. The other is concerning something that has been mentioned here a few times recently as in the last few pages of this thread. BUT he did say he is almost positive a deal will be done before the court appearance.

He also said the other interested party are a couple of months behind the SAs due to exclusivity and that we have to cross all fingers etc that the SAs sort it over the weekend.
    Thanks for the snippets. Sounds like we're still on track to me.

Well I have just been woken up by a phone call asking me to take my post down.

I replied "what post, I haven't had any since Wednesday". I was slightly confused by being woke up!!
    I declined as I haven't said who it was from, Notts have thousands of ex exployees and I haven't been specific on what/when/who.

Swings and Remabouts.

"Slightly confused?" Was it the KGB? Should have told them to go and fuqq themselves.

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast