+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Cocu

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    On a thread on a different forum (not the v i ta l one) someone started a thread on what would your one piece of advice to Cocu be?

My answer was have them all in every afternoon working on their "wrong" foot.

Great minds think alike.
    MA it's one thing that gets me I know there have been many excellent one footed players But a lot more two footed ones

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA it's one thing that gets me I know there have been many excellent one footed players But a lot more two footed ones
    If it's 2-faced managers then we're covered!

Roy Race was never the player he was previously after that helicopter crash

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    If it's 2-faced managers then we're covered!
    Yes top of the league for that

Ok Swale, name the players he promoted from the PSV Academy to the PSV first team............
    Sam Lammers?

Flying to Florida to join up with the lads so no news conference yet!! P

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Sam Lammers?
    Did make 12 appearances and score 8 in PSV's 1sy XI, debuting 4 years ago. Out on loan last season at Heerenveen, 30 odd appearances and almost 20 goals. 40 in 63 for PSV's U21s. Still not seen to be good enough for a regular spot in the first team at PSV though and now he's at Barnsley..... despite interest from Sampdoria which was knocked back as PSV don't want to sell. The player is, apparently unhappy at not getting a proper chance at PSV. That might change now de Jong has been sold but will Barnsley play ball and let him go back?

My point which appears not to have come across to some, is that a manager known for bringing on Academy products is, to me at any rate, someone like Busby with his "Babes" team or Sir Alex with his "class of 92". Youth players integrating into the 1st team squad and staying there.

For some reason, at 22, Lammers is still found wanting apparently.

One swallow doth not a summer make............

Did make 12 appearances and score 8 in PSV's 1sy XI, debuting 4 years ago. Out on loan last season at Heerenveen, 30 odd appearances and almost 20 goals. 40 in 63 for PSV's U21s. Still not seen to be good enough for a regular spot in the first team at PSV though and now he's at Barnsley..... despite interest from Sampdoria which was knocked back as PSV don't want to sell. The player is, apparently unhappy at not getting a proper chance at PSV. That might change now de Jong has been sold but will Barnsley play ball and let him go back?

My point which appears not to have come across to some, is that a manager known for bringing on Academy products is, to me at any rate, someone like Busby with his "Babes" team or Sir Alex with his "class of 92". Youth players integrating into the 1st team squad and staying there.

For some reason, at 22, Lammers is still found wanting apparently.

One swallow doth not a summer make............
    Chairman Mel Morris added: "We are continuing to develop our philosophy at Derby County and from the first conversation with Phillip, and his team, it was very clear they share similar views.

"The fit is strong. We want to build on the momentum that we have in our style of play, our club values, and the increasingly important role of our academy. Phillip and his team understand the need and benefits of this approach."

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Chairman Mel Morris added: "We are continuing to develop our philosophy at Derby County and from the first conversation with Phillip, and his team, it was very clear they share similar views.

"The fit is strong. We want to build on the momentum that we have in our style of play, our club values, and the increasingly important role of our academy. Phillip and his team understand the need and benefits of this approach."
    Not arguing with that. Just saying that, to me at any rate, there is insufficient movement from PSV Academy to regular PSV 1st team for players.

I said in an earlier post that he has bought a fair few 22 to 24 year olds and utilised them well. There are not many, if any, regular 1st teamers at PSV who were brought into the 1st team setup from the PSV Academy by Cocu. That was what I said and I stand by it.

GP came up with 1 name who has 12 1st team appearances in 4 years at 1st team level. That is not bringing players through IMO.

Not arguing with that. Just saying that, to me at any rate, there is insufficient movement from PSV Academy to regular PSV 1st team for players.

I said in an earlier post that he has bought a fair few 22 to 24 year olds and utilised them well. There are not many, if any, regular 1st teamers at PSV who were brought into the 1st team setup from the PSV Academy by Cocu. That was what I said and I stand by it.

GP came up with 1 name who has 12 1st team appearances in 4 years at 1st team level. That is not bringing players through IMO.
    Take your point completely MA, in comparison though...has our Academy produced much? Struggling to think beyond Hughes and Bogle tbh.

Oh...and the lad who has just gone to Barnsley for quite a lot.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)