+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

re: Game of Thrones

With regards to the earlier comments about women watching GOT i was talking to a lady friend who said she wanted to watch it but was turned off by the 'men only' ***( she meant that it depicted women as objects). I told her to read the books and she just sighed saying what the feck for? It's a mans show for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Really good episode this week. Especially the last 20 minutes as that stuff doesn't happen in the books and it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

That last scene was pretty chilling too...
    Got to be honest, I find the whole whitewalkers thing the weakest part of the story, not really sure of the point of it. I much preferred the first half of the episode. Daenerys continues to make all the right decisions (I'm waiting for her translator to get her kit off though, surely it happens soon) whilst Jamie is becoming quite a likeable bloke.

I was thinking about this last night, Jamie was an utter tosspot in the first series but since his capture has become very likeable. I don't know if this is in the books or if it's TV story arc.

I'm assuming that as soon as Dany takes Kings landing (got to happen), she'll have to deal with the with walkers. Dragons V Whitewalkers could be EPIC.

Bronn is still my favourite character other than Tyrion with The Hound coming up a close third.

I like Bronn too, but there is the Jerome Flynn issue that comes with it.

He never said **** in Soldier Soldier!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    Really good episode this week. Especially the last 20 minutes as that stuff doesn't happen in the books and it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Got to be honest, I find the whole whitewalkers thing the weakest part of the story, not really sure of the point of it. I much preferred the first half of the episode. Daenerys continues to make all the right decisions (I'm waiting for her translator to get her kit off though, surely it happens soon) whilst Jamie is becoming quite a likeable bloke.[/quote]

The White Walker stuff is more of a slow burner. Expecting much more about them in the last two books.

I'm not sure if Missandei will get her kit off as her character is only 9 years old in the books!

I'm glad they've kept Bronn in the show as he's barely mentioned after the third book but it looks like he has taken Illyn Payne's role in

Tyrion is simply brilliant in this weeks episode which is his trial.
    Not sure there has been a better character in a show than him.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart

Got to be honest, I find the whole whitewalkers thing the weakest part of the story, not really sure of the point of it. I much preferred the first half of the episode. Daenerys continues to make all the right decisions (I'm waiting for her translator to get her kit off though, surely it happens soon) whilst Jamie is becoming quite a likeable bloke.[/quote]

That's the great thing about these books. He doesn't paint them in the conventional hero and villain style in every case - just real people with a bit of both in them. As the books are likened to the Wars of the Roses take Richard lll for example ... hero on the battlefield but very much a man of his time, good at the brutal stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim

The White Walker stuff is more of a slow burner. Expecting much more about them in the last two books.

I'm not sure if Missandei will get her kit off as her character is only 9 years old in the books!
    .[/quote]

Phew! Glad you said that, I was with Mart otherwise...

The second half of that episode was excellent. Dinklage's performance was great.

So... Littlefinger's just a little bit creepy, then...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)