+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: That c*** Allardyce

re: That c*** Allardyce

Where do you draw the line concerning blame, are we privvy to what Samantha says in the changing room?

We all agree that the team selected, although not everyones choice, was capable of taking that match. What we dont agree on is who is at fault that we didnt.

Like i said, we werent privvy to what Samantha said to the team, but his sideline actions might warrant examination. Did it convey one of a manager eager for the kill?! Is it just his style?! ( Previous games might suggest differently. ) Or is it really that samanthas head wasnt really into concentrating on the " league Cup, " so just sent out the best second string and let them play?

Who knows? All i do know is that the team standing on the field were more than capable, and maybe feelings wouldnt have been so strong had the opponents been different. I know, in my case, other than that i couldnt have given a sh1te, but i have to swallow it and hope that Saturdays games and the others following are not of the same mould.

Crapita cup...pfffft...phuk it, id rather we concentrate on the league

yeah would have been nice to have won but i really couldnt give a toss about this mickey mouse cup, dont know why they bother with it.

Every year its the same , a couple of lower div clubs get all jumped up cos they beat prem b string side clubs...let them have their day, but at the end of it theyre still lower league sides.

Two poor years from Allardyce...

He has accepted the "change or go" ultimatum and it makes no sense to go over old ground. Who knows who is responsible for anything under this weird arrangement?

Last nights squad looked good enough to me to win comfortably,whilst resting key players exposing youngsters and trying new players...the sort of mix that all Premier Managers use for these fixture.

Moving away from Route One is going to take some getting used to

We still dont have too many players who are comfortable receiving the ball through the middle ,with all the turning and laying off that involves, and there do not seem yet to be any recognizable patterns of attack using this method.

You see some ball playing teams who play intricate one-two's that look as if they have come from an American Football Play book.

The build up to Downings goal Saturday was a promising example. That involved our best eleven and it will be a while before we can expect it from a reserve team.

I can never understand why professionals should need "motivating" to do the job they are paid to do.

Surely the motivation for the fringe players is to perform to a level so they will feature more regularly in the first team.

No one, in whatever job they do, should need motivating to do it to the best of their ability imo.

But it's the manager's responsibility, along with his coaches, to get all the parts working as an efficient unit. That is where SA falls down as far as I'm concerned.

The most glaring example being that hoofball may work when the pony tail's available but when he's not try a different, and more pleasing on the eye, game ffs.

I'm not suggesting there was a lot of hoofing last night, I didn't watch the game so haven't a scooby, but it's a tactic we've all seen a lot of, even when Carroll wasn't in the side.

Now I'm no Allardyce lover but was I watching a different game here as I'm sure their keeper kept them in the game in the first half.

Curious all this.

People are saying we should not blame the manager for an embarassing loss to an inferior team.

If we win, I assume that is also nothing to do with the manager?

So, the question is, if nothing is down to him regarding performance, what the merry fu(k is his job?

The bovine (unt is the man in charge.

Good or bad.

We lose, it's his fault.

We win, it's he who takes the plaudits.

If he blames the players for not performing, it's like a shop owner blaming his staff for poor turnover. Who recruited them. Who trained them? Who motivated them? Whose strategy was it?

You don't want any criticism or responsibility? Don't sit in the big chair.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyj
    Now I'm no Allardyce lover but was I watching a different game here as I'm sure their keeper kept them in the game in the first half.
    Micky did you watch the highlights on tv mate or did you go?
    Because from where I sat in the stands there wasn't a lot of highlights.
    I think this is where I get confused with modern day football, because not for the first time over the last couple of seasons, I was bored senseless.
    Perhaps it's time for me to find another hobby, because it's not the football i have been brought up on. All this bollox about slipping up against lower division, it shouldn't happen, if we are a supposed stronger outfit, with or without kids in the side.
    Ask yourself would Arsene Wenger have been happy with that performance last night?.

Quote Originally Posted by frogiron
    Curious all this.

People are saying we should not blame the manager for an embarassing loss to an inferior team.

If we win, I assume that is also nothing to do with the manager?

So, the question is, if nothing is down to him regarding performance, what the merry fu(k is his job?

The bovine (unt is the man in charge.

Good or bad.

We lose, it's his fault.

We win, it's he who takes the plaudits.

If he blames the players for not performing, it's like a shop owner blaming his staff for poor turnover. Who recruited them. Who trained them? Who motivated them? Whose strategy was it?

You don't want any criticism or responsibility? Don't sit in the big chair.

Blame the manager for the style, blame the manager for not investing in youth, blame the manager for not playing the fringe players, blame the manager for not playing an attacking system, blame the menager for not playing the boy morrison.

He did all that last night and you a

Last year we made the semis with an injury filled patched up team, this year we got knocked out, on penalties, by a 3rd division team in our first game.

That's what cup football is all about. When you grow up you'll realise this.

Funny how so many of you who were absent after the Palace result have suddenly all turned up

Quote Originally Posted by mickyj
    I was there mate (first time I've been since saying I would never go again whilst Sam was in charge).

And I don't know why I've quoted on my own original post, I was answering castirons question.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)