+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Good win - especially without Cooper and Phillips.

I thought we looked fairly solid in most areas. Harrison keeps improving and doesn't stop working. I had a better appreciation of Bamford's workrate today - he chased their defenders down constantly - interestingly something that Nketiah failed to do when he came on; in fact he looked very disinterested. Bamford had a perfectly good goal ruled out by inept officialdom but Casilla (who flapped at a few) kept us in it with a great reaction save at 1-0. To be fair, they had several very good chances in the last 20 mins but fluffed thier lines so we will take it. Not many teams have the versatility that we do - taking off a right winger for a left back and reorganising to accommodate that. MOT

As usual - light hearted banter turns into a full on gripe - JUST try to chill out a bit fella -you ALWAYS moan and whinge about Harrison so nothing new here - one day, matbe you will show just a tad of appeciation for the work Harrison does at the other end of the pitch AKA Alliosky ........time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post

I thought we looked fairly solid in most areas. Harrison keeps improving and doesn't stop working. I had a better appreciation of Bamford's workrate today - he chased their defenders down constantly - interestingly something that Nketiah failed to do when he came on; in fact he looked very disinterested. Bamford had a perfectly good goal ruled out by inept officialdom but Casilla (who flapped at a few) kept us in it with a great reaction save at 1-0. To be fair, they had several very good chances in the last 20 mins but fluffed thier lines so we will take it. Not many teams have the versatility that we do - taking off a right winger for a left back and reorganising to accommodate that. MOT
    Despite our injuries/suspensions, and despite the fact that they did have a go at us, we still had 58% possession and 14 shots overall - but the biggest plus for me is that this season we seem to have stopped the stupid goals against - they had 7 corners today - 2 more than us, but we didn't look like conceding from any.

Long may this resilience continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    As usual - light hearted banter turns into a full on gripe - JUST try to chill out a bit fella -you ALWAYS moan and whinge about Harrison so nothing new here - one day, matbe you will show just a tad of appeciation for the work Harrison does at the other end of the pitch AKA Alliosky ........time to move on
    You know, just once it would be refreshing if you admitted that the post that contained the 'banter" you're so fond of was based on you jumping in with both feet without first actually reading AND UNDERSTANDING, what I posted. But clearly that's too much to ask for, even when you're led by the nose to the truth of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post

Thanks for the assessment. Look ing forward to seeing all 3 or 4 minutes we might get from the EFL show later!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You know, just once it would be refreshing if you admitted that the post that contained the 'banter" you're so fond of was based on you jumping in with both feet without first actually reading AND UNDERSTANDING, what I posted. But clearly that's too much to ask for, even when you're led by the nose to the truth of the matter.
    Okay SORRY,

I went to the game today and have partaken of a couple of slurps as a result.... cannot be arsed re reading all the posts so will take your word for it.
    So we are BOTH chuffed with the performance of Harrison et al?

Would be nice to see you be man enough to cough occasionally when you get it wrong...

Okay SORRY,

I went to the game today and have partaken of a couple of slurps as a result.... cannot be arsed re reading all the posts so will take your word for it.

Would be nice to see you be man enough to cough occasionally when you get it wrong...
    I'd just like to apologise for not being on this forum during the game today. Oh and also for not being at the game.

Great win for us today - Harrison looking better with each game, and great finishes for both goals.

I still worry about Casilla. On the one hand he saves a certain goal, on the other continues to look very suspect in other areas of his goalkeeping.

Hopefully BC can hold out or at least get a draw today to make it a great Saturday for us.

And Bristol City go 2 up just on cue - fantastic!

Okay SORRY,

You have been bothered to trawl through my posts in the past, pity you didnt today.

And as you saw the match, and others have said the same, I'm delighted (no sarcasm, seriously) that Harrison has had a good game, as has Alioski (Although if you have a look back, you'll see Ive always been a fan of Alioski, despite the naysayers) and nice to see good things said about Hernandez, glad he's back.

And also for Berardi (remember I agreed with your post yesterday, on the Ben White thread), if he gets played where he prefers, he will always delivery a good performance, and even when out of position, you cant fault his commitment.

I do "cough", occasionally, I just dont get it wrong very often!
    Last edited by WTF11; 07-12-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I'd just like to apologise for not being on this forum during the game today. Oh and also for not being at the game.

Great win for us today - Harrison looking better with each game, and great finishes for both goals.

I still worry about Casilla. On the one hand he saves a certain goal, on the other continues to look very suspect in other areas of his goalkeeping.

Hopefully BC can hold out or at least get a draw today to make it a great Saturday for us.
    And I'm sorry that you couldn't be arsed to either go to a local game or even worse not bother to come on here - you fairweather fan you!
    Thought that far from being our best perforance,- could say that about a few recent ones too - we did really well considering injuries/suspensions, and Berardi as usual didn't let us down. Just happy that we seem to have sorted our soft underbelly so far this year.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)