+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: All-time Football League Positions 1888-2018

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Have you got a mirror, Alf?

And to Nomalice: If it's just gold medals that excite you, what do you say to the Olympians who strive all their sporting lives to win a bronze medal? Do you tell them they've wasted their lives?
    If it's just WINNING the League, we may all as well stop playing and watching now. Just have a League for the top 6 or 7 full stop.

What a pair of gobsh*tes!

Somebody just spat their dummy! how can you compare a team game like football to an Olympic Athlete? Just admit that in terms of what matters in sport ..winning things we are just better than you and that's all anybody in this game measures success by.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Have you got a mirror, Alf?

And to Nomalice: If it's just gold medals that excite you, what do you say to the Olympians who strive all their sporting lives to win a bronze medal? Do you tell them they've wasted their lives?
    If it's just WINNING the League, we may all as well stop playing and watching now. Just have a League for the top 6 or 7 full stop.

What a pair of gobsh*tes!
    You've basically gone into a strop because your "scientific" table has been shown to be, well, crap really.

As I stated a few days ago, to me its not about your club and mine (although it seems it is EVERYTHING about your club and mine to you).

It is just a nonsensical made up load of garbage you put together to try and win your dick measuring contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    You've basically gone into a strop because your "scientific" table has been shown to be, well, crap really.

As I stated a few days ago, to me its not about your club and mine (although it seems it is EVERYTHING about your club and mine to you).

It is just a nonsensical made up load of garbage you put together to try and win your dick measuring contest.

You watching the FA Cup mate that is the one thing they've won more than us bless em!

Any sportsman who WINS a bronze medal is a star and will be remembered,the ones who won't be remembered so much are the
    ones who take part but win nothing similar in some respects to a team that struggles to stay in the top league but are unable to win anything.--Here is a question for you...
    Who is likely to be remembered the most and classed as the most successful the athlete(a) who appears for his country and wins a gold but only appears in the Olympics just once or the athlete (b) who appears for his country 3 times in the Olympics but unfortunately does not win a medal of any colour ?

On a slightly different tack,next season in the "second division" if you get promoted (and I sincerely, hope you do) I can confidently say you will enjoy it more than you have done supporting a struggling in the premiership so you put too much emphasis on staying in the Premier with a poor side.
    Oh,one more point it is normally considered that you are losing the discussion when you start insulting....just saying
    Last edited by Nomalice; 19-05-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomalice View Post
    Any sportsman who WINS a bronze medal is a star and will be remembered,the ones who won't be remembered so much are the
    ones who take part but win nothing similar in some respects to a team that struggles to stay in the top league but are unable to win anything.--Here is a question for you...
    Who is likely to be remembered the most and classed as the most successful the athlete(a) who appears for his country and wins a gold but only appears in the Olympics just once or the athlete (b) who appears for his country 3 times in the Olympics but unfortunately does not win a medal of any colour ?

On a slightly different tack,next season in the "second division" if you get promoted (and I sincerely, hope you do) I can confidently say you will enjoy it more than you have done supporting a struggling in the premiership so you put too much emphasis on staying in the Premier with a poor side.
    Oh,one more point it is normally considered that you are losing the discussion when you start insulting....just saying
    I think some sort of ”marathon table” (an official one made by the FA of the country, we have one in Sweden) of the top division is of interest and says something about teams who have played most seasons in the top division and acquired most points.

Trophies won are of course also of interest and says something else. Clubs that have most trophies are often considered to be more successful, but, it’s hard to compare. One PL title compared to, let’s say 2 or 3 League Cup titles, when were the trophies won, a club with 60 seasons in the top division never having won anything compared to one with 0 seasons in the top league having won the cup (two to choose from in England), etc, etc.

Quite right about insults, unnecessary, two certain posters would by your definition, lose all arguments.

The way i look at it football history is only relevant in a supporters lifetime. 30 year old Liverpool fans will have grown up watching a side always at the top of the tree but will never have seen them win the league. Spurs fans will be nearer 60. PNE fans are in the bone yard.
    While it's good to look back at history, it means little going into your next game. Football is evolving all the time and if you live in the past you never look forward to the future, though sadly money means the future belongs to the Uniteds and Cities. Chelsea had won little before Abramovich. These clubs buy trophies rather than win them, and most of their fans are glory hunters.
    Anyone with half a brain can follow a "big" club. Chances are you'll see them win something, money dictates it. So for me the things that Man U have "won" is not really valid on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The way i look at it football history is only relevant in a supporters lifetime. 30 year old Liverpool fans will have grown up watching a side always at the top of the tree but will never have seen them win the league. Spurs fans will be nearer 60. PNE fans are in the bone yard.
    While it's good to look back at history, it means little going into your next game. Football is evolving all the time and if you live in the past you never look forward to the future, though sadly money means the future belongs to the Uniteds and Cities. Chelsea had won little before Abramovich. These clubs buy trophies rather than win them, and most of their fans are glory hunters.
    Anyone with half a brain can follow a "big" club. Chances are you'll see them win something, money dictates it. So for me the things that Man U have "won" is not really valid on this thread.
    In a nutshell 55 and our resident dingles would be wise to keep there comments relevant to the thread title instead of trying to swerve it

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I think some sort of ”marathon table” (an official one made by the FA of the country, we have one in Sweden) of the top division is of interest and says something about teams who have played most seasons in the top division and acquired most points.

Trophies won are of course also of interest and says something else. Clubs that have most trophies are often considered to be more successful, but, it’s hard to compare. One PL title compared to, let’s say 2 or 3 League Cup titles, when were the trophies won, a club with 60 seasons in the top division never having won anything compared to one with 0 seasons in the top league having won the cup (two to choose from in England), etc, etc.

Quite right about insults, unnecessary, two certain posters would by your definition, lose all arguments.
    Just the two?

You will have to be a bit louder, it's always hard to hear you when you are constantly shouting from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    In a nutshell 55 and our resident dingles would be wise to keep there comments relevant to the thread title instead of trying to swerve it
    SERIOUSLY????

The whole thread subject and the made up table in the opening post has been purposely made to suit and to divert from the truth!

Everton a bigger and more successful club than Man Utd

Surely you cannot agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Just the two?

You will have to be a bit louder, it's always hard to hear you when you are constantly shouting from the back.
    No, I think the message is clear and loud to everyone, bar two of course...

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)