+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: v Millwall

re: v Millwall

100 percent correct champs sadly 1 or 2 think we should be winning this league by a mile
    Tonight's result is a disappointment considering we were 2 up however alot us would of been happy with 4 points before tonight's game beat Brighton and we have achieved that.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    should call him `bottle it bowyer`..
    Yes, Saxo. I was also watching live on headupmyarse.com. Bowyer played well for an hour but he should have benched himself when his right leg fell off.[/quote]

I heard he had an air rifle at the game and was taking pot shots at our midfield and defence in the last 10 minutes of normal time. Making them lose concentration. I'm as agreeved as Saxo about this

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    same old sh1t bowyer! defence sorted? my arse champs..
    Saxo - how the hell can you say that? You don't know anything yet about the pattern of the game. In that situation, the players are usually to blame.
    Do you think Bowyer shouted to them, "Sit back and stop playing!"?
    You are obsessed with the idea that managers can influence EVERYTHING that happens. At certain points, the manager becomes a helpless spectator - like the rest of us.[/quote]

against 10 men all you have to do is bolster the midfield and keep the ball..[/quote]

"ALL you have to do..." So no side has ever conceded a goal after putting an extra midfielder on?
    "and keep the ball..." Of course! Why didn't I think of that. Bowyer should have had a word with the Millwall manager. He would have told his players to stop trying to WIN the ball. That's what I cal

0-2 up against 10 men, you close the game out, y`know, like genuine promotion contenders would..

this thread tonight has been pretty cool, but then it got turned on its head just like the game did.
    it happened around post 34 !!!!!!!
    i cant be arsed with reading certain crap from a nob jockey now so im off

il be back on sat lads, i wish you all a goodnight including alf haha.
    roll on to brighton

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    100 percent correct champs sadly 1 or 2 think we should be winning this league by a mile
    Tonight's result is a disappointment considering we were 2 up however alot us would of been happy with 4 points before tonight's game beat Brighton and we have achieved that.

These games come thick and fast. Look at the stats. It was an unbelievably even game, we had 2 shots on target, and scored them both. I don't think we sailed 2 in front, and the amount of times over the years (including us vrs Millwall last season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I've seen a side go down to 10 men and be galvanised is amazing, so that's nothing new. Without seeing it, and looking at simply the stats, you couldn't possibly go straight to a negative. But that's the nature of some fans, other have a different view. It would be boring if we all agreed.
    We aren't in a position (yet) to be going winning hone & away every week. You'd be very nieve to think that IMO. We are g

agrieved? agrieved? i`m fcking furious! no need for fireworks at my home tommorow night as i`m gonna fcking explode..!

if bowyer ain`t of the same mindset, then something is sadly wrong.

0-2 up against 10 men, you close the game out, y`know, like genuine promotion contenders would..
    We'd all like that Saxo. But I can assure you that this team can only do one thing well, and that's attack. The rest of it, is average or below. It's hard to keep up the momentum to attack for 97 minutes. If you want to say he got it wrong tonight, you'll have to say it's because he subbed Marshall. That would have reduced the number of times we attacked, (or could). That said, from a winning position, most managers would, because you want him fit in as many games as possible. What would you have done?

Quote Originally Posted by blueandwhiteheart
    this thread tonight has been pretty cool, but then it got turned on its head just like the game did.
    it happened around post 34 !!!!!!!
    i cant be arsed with reading certain crap from a nob jockey now so im off

il be back on sat lads, i wish you all a goodnight including alf haha.
    roll on to brighton

Saxo has mental issues. (Seriously) and I'm not making light of that.

Don't pay any attention. You attempt to reason, make some valid points, see what he has to say. And nothing ...just repeat...

Would being 2 points off the top 2 be consider 'contenders?'

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)