+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Scottish cup prices

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    You can't have a debate without discussing the ridiculous annomoly of oap concessions.....but I won't drag you into argument against your will😀

But I suspect the penny is beginning to drop with a few posters.
    Was hoping that by not talking about pensioners as a group it might be possible to talk about the total income from ST holders. From there, if the club got its sums right they might be able to find a single price that would give them the same total revenue. If they wanted to charge more for better seats, or better facilities, or charge less for an all standing area, then they do that without getting into a pensioners deserving discounts, students deserving discounts and anyone who failed to qualify in these groups having to pay the top rate.

The trouble is that it will take a lot more than a few interested fans on this forum batting about ideas to get any change. I wish there was an anti SFA forum where ordinary fans could generate a lot of heat about this issue. Most businesses pay a lot of attention to customer complaints and I was wondering if a broadly based forum platform like the Footymad set up might be able to do something to draw together Sottish fans to create pressure on the SFA.

This type of thing possibly exists but I restrict my comments to this forum and TDB forum. I'm in favour of a change that would encourage more people to come to games and prefer to think about change as being something that would benefit the game, rather than campaign for pensioners to lose their concessions.

bcram,season t used to get you in to the 1st home tie of the league cup iirc

personally think that dividing the season into quarters and providing mini season t's for each quarter would increase the number of season t's altho its obvious the club would run that idea out of town.maybe the way forward would be full season tkt then the 2nd quarter introduce the mini season tkts

remember when there used to be a ub40 gate. great idea but prob taken away thru abuse,the fuller dens is the better imo but in the days of huge foodbank usage within the city that aint going to happen with the present day pricing,£10 and even £5 is way above even thinking about when some people have to work out if they can put the heating or cooker on
    Last edited by shaded; 04-01-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Would think that for any unfortunate folk who are relying on food banks that football would be the last thing they would be spending any money on.
    With the price of football nowadays I wouldn’t think that there are many fans on benefits who can afford to go at all.
    When it’s £15 for Scotland’s 3rd tier, football has pretty much been priced out of a lot of people’s reach all over.
    Not really Dundee’s fault, a lot of other teams are in the same boat as us and need the gate money to reach a certain level to balance the books. Sad but facts of life

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Would think that for any unfortunate folk who are relying on food banks that football would be the last thing they would be spending any money on.
    With the price of football nowadays I wouldn’t think that there are many fans on benefits who can afford to go at all.
    When it’s £15 for Scotland’s 3rd tier, football has pretty much been priced out of a lot of people’s reach all over.
    Not really Dundee’s fault, a lot of other teams are in the same boat as us and need the gate money to reach a certain level to balance the books. Sad but facts of life
    This dosent mean to be pedantic BUT due the universal nature of benefits in this country there aren't many people in Scotland who ain't on a benefit of one kind or another

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Was hoping that by not talking about pensioners as a group it might be possible to talk about the total income from ST holders. From there, if the club got its sums right they might be able to find a single price that would give them the same total revenue. If they wanted to charge more for better seats, or better facilities, or charge less for an all standing area, then they do that without getting into a pensioners deserving discounts, students deserving discounts and anyone who failed to qualify in these groups having to pay the top rate.

The trouble is that it will take a lot more than a few interested fans on this forum batting about ideas to get any change. I wish there was an anti SFA forum where ordinary fans could generate a lot of heat about this issue. Most businesses pay a lot of attention to customer complaints and I was wondering if a broadly based forum platform like the Footymad set up might be able to do something to draw together Sottish fans to create pressure on the SFA.

This type of thing possibly exists but I restrict my comments to this forum and TDB forum. I'm in favour of a change that would encourage more people to come to games and prefer to think about change as being something that would benefit the game, rather than campaign for pensioners to lose their concessions.
    Some don't want change I can accept that but nobody has given me a decent reason bar its always been done like that.
    Phase in equalization over 5 years....job done.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    bcram,season t used to get you in to the 1st home tie of the league cup iirc

personally think that dividing the season into quarters and providing mini season t's for each quarter would increase the number of season t's altho its obvious the club would run that idea out of town.maybe the way forward would be full season tkt then the 2nd quarter introduce the mini season tkts

remember when there used to be a ub40 gate. great idea but prob taken away thru abuse,the fuller dens is the better imo but in the days of huge foodbank usage within the city that aint going to happen with the present day pricing,£10 and even £5 is way above even thinking about when some people have to work out if they can put the heating or cooker on
    Thanks for the st info. Wonder if they reinstated that if it would help with sales of ST's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post

Exactly. A complete red herring.

Foodbanks and benefits have always been around in one guise or another and that won’t change.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post

Foodbanks and benefits have always been around in one guise or another and that won’t change.
    The guy i know who uses a student season ticket to get into Dens wouldnt pay for a full season adult ticket

Is it better to get some money in than none at all??

Unless there is stricter controls at turnstyles this will probably continue

thats the point i was making gb,obviously if you rely on foodbanks etc you wouldnt be attending and paying todays entry prices,wonder how the shankley would look if they trialled a "pay what you can match"

it shouldnt be forgotten that many of todays "less fortunate" have put much money into the club in better times,how many people realise that you are only 2 or 3 pay days and a rub of bad luck away from financial hardship?

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post

Does this help to support the argument that football is overpriced?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)