+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Uncle Colin

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Indeed they don't Frank. I wish I had a quid for everyone that hated Steve Davis, Lennox Lewis, Andy Murray etc.
    It's the 'British way' apparently....

My dad had a shop in nether edge next door to a greengrocers which was run at one point by Neil Warnock.My father was old school and spoke highly of Mr.Warnock saying he was a "grafter".I have never met the chap but I absolutely HATE the continual criticising of referees,officials and anyone else that is in his eyesight.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Some of the YouTube clips of him in the dressing room and on the touchline are classics, Mr Motivator and Uncle Colin combined...
    Everyone loves a winner....don't they ?
    Maybe, but Colin's nickname is W*nker not Winner.

I'd give my khigh teeth to be as successful as him. Call him what you want but he's motivated players and given value for money at every where bar Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    I formed a opinion based on facts.. Read his book hes arrogant . And the player a ex Miller also commented how he thought he was so much better than the rest of the team . Winner or not i still thinks hes a **** . Whether you thinks it rubbish or not i could not give a ****
    I don't know who this ex-Miller you claim to have spoken to is but, if he exists, it's probably someone who wasn't good enough to get into the team.
    It certainly wasn't Lee Frecklington who spoke highly of Warnock and the way he galvanised our squad and made them believe they were capable of winning every game.
    Frecks was one of our all-time greats and I'll take his opinion ahead of some unnamed mystery player.

Lol, an ex player saying he was a XXXX Obviously not a first teamer as they were far too busy running through brick walls for him.

I know he didn't win a promotion for us but the fact is he was probably the best manager we've ever had!!!!!

He pulled off the biggest miracle of all time.

Hope he takes Cardiff up, a f@cking great guy for our club!!

I think the player PMS is referring to is one who played with NW at RUFC not one who he managed. Don't recall his playing days with us but he was a bit of a headless chicken by all accounts.

Cam is right .. And i have no reason to lie. Carl Gilbert if you really want to no. I met him at Six-fields(when we lost under Steve Evans the first away game of that season on a Tuesday night) he parked infront of me and said he played for us in 1971 . He said Warnock and himself didn't get on at all . And as for a first team he scored 44 goals and made 90 appearances . Nobody was disputing what he did
    .I wont say anymore its obvious i cannot have a opinion on here

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Cam is right .. And i have no reason to lie. Carl Gilbert if you really want to no. I met him at Six-fields(when we lost under Steve Evans the first away game of that season on a Tuesday night) he parked infront of me and said he played for us in 1971 . He said Warnock and himself didn't get on at all . And as for a first team he scored 44 goals and made 90 appearances . Nobody was disputing what he did
    .I wont say anymore its obvious i cannot have a opinion on here
    Of course you can have an opinion, that's the whole point of this board. But equally, other people are entitled to have a different one.
    No reason for you to take your ball home 😉

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456