+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I think the quote button is going slightly wrong.

I note a couple of quotes that refer to Baggiemadguern were made by other posters. i also note that a quote I did of Baggieal post is quoted as being made by another poster. Slightly odd.
    Afternoon BMG.

I think it may have more to do with how the quote function is being used as opposed to the quote function itself.

Make sure to type outside of the 'quote' brackets and it should work fine.

Just use the preview button before posting if you have time.

All of the very best and happy posting .

[QUOTE=Yarmbaggie;38936356]
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Yes, yarmbaggie I would have liked 5m for him because prices are ridiculous at present and he is a proven prem ex England international.

It appears that 4m has been agreed, and I hope there some add ons too.

I would have considered pantillimon, but he's gone to forest.

Games has been freed by Watford, and even though I did not rate him at spurs he maybe ok as back up for a year.[/QUOT

Agree totally with you B.B. about the prices being paid. To be honest I think we are being screwed by Man U if the reports are correct about how much we are paying for Sam Johnstone. That said I am very pleased he has signed.

As for Ben Foster my comment was I wouldn’t pay £5m for him at his age and fitness record, ex international or not. Hopefully the reports are right and maybe we will get £4m which will go a long way to offset the Johnstone fee especially when you factor in reduced wages (I am assuming I gotta that of course!).

What price have your heard for Johnstone, Yarm?

I have heard varying rumours from B'ham mail's £6m to upto £10m including add ons.

This why I hate undisclosed fees.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

Fair enough Baggiemadguern. I just have a thing about greed especially when most supporters go everywhere to see their team on money they can't really afford! Regardless of what goes on internally - contracts are there for all of us, as are acceptable standards to behave. Did like Foster but Johnstone is a better bet for the long term so glad he's done what he did! No clap from me though when paths meet again!
    Every first team player we have joined us from another club.* They do this to play at a higher level or for an increase in earnings. I wonder if they all got the abuse that our leavers are currently getting when they joined us.
    * except Field.

[QUOTE=BaggieBlood;38936721]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post

What price have your heard for Johnstone, Yarm?

I have heard varying rumours from B'ham mail's £6m to upto £10m including add ons.

This why I hate undisclosed fees.

Yes that is the figure I have seen as well, but for me looks high. Yes plenty of potential but only the Vile season really stands out so looks steep enough price to me on what he has achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Spot on Saltnshake. The mind buggles sometimes. Many of us in life move from jobs to better ourselves. I have moved three times in the last five years and increased my income by nearly 50%. The reason, money to secure a better future for me and my family. Footballers are no different and to criticise people for getting on in life and bettering themselves is bizarre.
    I think there is a difference between ”normal people with normal jobs” and PL players, the lowest paid are on what, 50-60 K a week!?

Does anyone on 50-60 K a week ”really have to look after his house and financial security and hence look for a better paid job”!?

Good luck to him, we have had a good 7 years out him good keeper . Think there was more to the move than we will find out with regards missing Portugul. Good move for us, Ben's knees are worn out could go at any time and we have got a good replacement.
    Our team needs new young blood.

Good keeper, sad to see him go. I expect {hope} his replacement will see much less of the ball next season and looked good last season.

Irritated by his duplicity tho... If yer gonna bugger orf, keep yer gob shut!

“I’ll be here,” he confirmed, after April's 1-1 draw with Swansea. “I’ve got no interest in trying to move clubs."

“I’m very settled and I’m sure there are quite a few others who would love to stay and help us get back to the Premier League.”

I'd wish him well if not for that.

At the end of the day, we've traded a 35 year old declining keeper for a 25 year old ascending one plus 2m. gotta be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Afternoon BMG.

I think it may have more to do with how the quote function is being used as opposed to the quote function itself.

Make sure to type outside of the 'quote' brackets and it should work fine.

Just use the preview button before posting if you have time.

All of the very best and happy posting .
    Thanks for that Albionic........I understand what you suggest but there are a couple of quotes that refer to me having made them when I have not. Post 31 and 32 are the example, where Whicka Mon has posted and then it is quoted on the next post and appears I made that statement. Not bothered really but I was thinking I was posting things without realising. I am getting on a bit but it is user error I guess.

Foster says to the Watford fans he's always had a soft spot in is heart for Watford FC
    Bull Sh-itin cock su-ckin tossa , oh sorry i used bad language i forgot 😊

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)