+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's amazing how many Dons fans don't seem to give a f'uck about this.

It's blatantly sectarian and probably illegal.

Don't be conned either by talk of traditional Celtic and Rangers ends.

All that went out the window when we played Hibs then Hearts in the 2 cups in the same season.

Completely buggers the police "safety" argument as well.

Unless they took a different road into Glasgow depending on whether they started their journey from Leith or Gorgie

I said earlier in the thread, we really should have insisted on the toss of a coin, then chose the West Stand if we won the toss, given that it's better for pubs etc.

The precedent would then have been set.

To answer your question, I wouldn't be surprised if they took the opportunity of a Jute final to try to prove they weren't
    allocating ends on a sectarian basis but normally it would be Dundee - West, Dundee United - East

The only time I have known it to be different was a semi final against United
    It'll never happen but the solution to me is easy. At the start of the season designate one end of Hampden as the Home end and the other the Away end. For the semi-final, first team out of the hat gets allocated the home end. For the final, winner of first semi-final drawn out of the hat gets allocated the home end.

As I say easy peasy, but as we all know the vested interests in the GFA/GPFL will never go for it.

I don't care about ends, whether West or East.
    I leave that to the bigots.

As a neutral stadum, it needs to be fair however.
    The best stand is the North Stand.
    Tickets could be sold in sections from the North Stand working its way round east or West, it wouldn't matter.
    I'm sure we would sell more if it wasn't for the bias that is shown

The bias that gives the cheeks the whole North stand, closest to the pitch is discrimination.

Name:  BCEA8E57-6958-41F4-B727-6451D5ABC12E.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  8.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Name:  BCEA8E57-6958-41F4-B727-6451D5ABC12E.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  8.9 KB
    My old eyes can't make that out and am too far away from DD's spectacle emporium to get a stronger pair of glasses...can you enlarge it or give a run-down of what it says?

Last night I dreamt that we won on penalties.

I should qualify this by saying that the last dream I had about AFC was that we clawed back the 5-1 1st leg deficit against Sigma Olomouc so maybe hold off before you lump on.

Personally, I'm in the "don't give a fuuck" camp. East Stand, West Stand, whatever. North and South Stand views are sh!te so I don't care which end I go to.

Probably something to do with experiences of Hampden finals in the 80's - behind the goal view, standing, bouncing etc.

Listened to the Here We Go podcast last night. Richard Hay was spot on when he said Sunday was "Old School". There was a visceral atmosphere in the stadium the whole game - because it was "them"; and the explosion of joy when we scored took me back 30 - 35 years to experience the same rush .... still buzzing .... 54 going on 14 this week

Hey, I got a reply to my email

Including the sentence

The SPFL do not allow concession pricing in the North or South Stands and haven't done for some time now.

Feel free to check the accuracy of this statement

Including the sentence

The SPFL do not allow concession pricing in the North or South Stands and haven't done for some time now.
    "Why not?"

Including the sentence

Feel free to check the accuracy of this statement
    So I presume you have fired back a response asking about the North stand concessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    So I presume you have fired back a response asking about the North stand concessions?

Well I didn't want to call him a lier so I pointed out that he might be mistaken.

The "haven't done for some time now" was. a bit annoying though.

He might as well have said " do try to keep up"

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast