+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Craig Mackail-Smith signs on loan

Thought he played well and he can still run. Doesn't matter if he doesn't score that many, he's a clever player and a bit of a nuisance for defenders. He will get some assists that's for sure, and will also pull people in to positions they don't want to be.

I think his name on the team sheet will put an element of doubt in to the opposition in this league. He can make stuff happen.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Whatever you think of AH or Ardley you can't fault them for their efforts in this transfer window.
    I honestly think Ardley is the right man for this job. People have been critical of his time towards the end of his AFC Wimbledon days, but forget that squad was punching above its weight. He comes here and inherited squad that was as fragile as any I can ever remember, and people were critical he couldn’t get them playing. People even criticised his demeanour in post match interviews, yet many of us were saying we were done, so had he come out and said we will be fine with a jolly attitude, he would have been vilified and asked to be locked up in a psychiatric unit.
    I won’t get carried away with one game. It’s the start, and there will be ups n down until May. Which hopefully culminates in is staying up. Ardley has added players who can definitely help, let’s support this journey and give our all. COYPs
    Last edited by Notts78; 04-02-2019 at 07:42 AM.

I think CMS did a real job for us against the league leaders. When he chased that ball forward and outpaced their two defenders it was something they definitely didn't expect from a thirty-four year-old, that gave 'em something to look out for, a big bustling menace he was. Psychologically,now the defenders are looking for a fast blonde (aren't we all?) and this should give space for other strikers to exploit. We'll really click soon, no fear.

I just hope he doesn't get injured. I think he could be a key player. Many people had written him off before he had even kicked a ball for us, saying he's past it.......He ran more than anybody else on the pitch, his legs are fine....for L2, same as Doyle.

These players are not getting a game in L1 because it's a more difficult and demanding league. They look good in L2, onwards and upwards, COYP!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456