+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts quiz questions

Avenue Stadium Dorchester

Quote Originally Posted by justincast View Post
    Avenue Stadium Dorchester

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssss!!!!!!!

Get in there!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssss!!!!!!!

Get in there!
    FFS, fancy me forgetting we once played at The Dorchester.

It was Gary Brazil's 4th match back in charge after Jocky Scott had been sacked. We lost 4-2 to Bournemouth after being 2-0 up, so it was 1 point from 4 games. Brazil wouldn't win a league game until the weekend before Christmas.

It was Gary Brazil's 4th match back in charge after Jocky Scott had been sacked. We lost 4-2 to Bournemouth after being 2-0 up, so it was 1 point from 4 games. Brazil wouldn't win a league game until the weekend before Christmas.
    I think you should have gave me Dean Court, would have been the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think you should have gave me Dean Court, would have been the right thing to do.
    I said you were "very warm", justincast wins the thread - he got Lineker as well as Dorchester, almost got Chelsea as well but you just pipped him.

I said you were "very warm", justincast wins the thread - he got Lineker as well as Dorchester, almost got Chelsea as well but you just pipped him.
    You would have to have been there or googled the Dorchester question. Not that I'm a sore loser.

You would have to have been there or googled the Dorchester question. Not that I'm a sore loser.

Or listened to it on the radio and remembered Peter Storrie's interview post match. You hit the post Navy, I've squared it back it you, you've got an open goal and you've blasted it wide all the way to the other side of the country, Carrow Road!

Or listened to it on the radio and remembered Peter Storrie's interview post match. You hit the post Navy, I've squared it back it you, you've got an open goal and you've blasted it wide all the way to the other side of the country, Carrow Road!
    When you said I was "warm" , I thought it might because Norwich are near the bottom of the Prem like Bouremouth.....not that they once played at Melchester Rovers ground!!

When you said I was "warm" , I thought it might because Norwich are near the bottom of the Prem like Bouremouth.....not that they once played at Melchester Rovers ground!!
    You're on the bench next game, justincast starts up front instead.

Somebody said Newton Heath's "North Road", which was a good answer but I was only doing post war because I thought that it would have been too hard to go with all-time.
    If the question had been "Name all of the grounds since 1888 that we've played just one league match on against a side currently in the Premier League", then I think there would be four - St Mary's, Avenue Stadium, North Road and one other.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast