+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: When exactly did Ardley become a bad manager.?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    How about talking about a proven good manager for a change?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJuSEwZxIDE
    Awesome clip thanks...
    Never get tired of seeing mairs wonder goal..!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Great to see you found time to come up with an elaborate escape strategy I mean response
    It's simple I've posted a football related thread some people will read with interest some will ignore some will show their displeasure.its a football chat board.
    You dont have to answer if you dont
    want but I myself thought it would be nice to know when you decided that Ardley had become a bad manager after you spent over 2 seasons arguing and baiting people who called him rubbish.?
    There no need to PM it's on topic and I would love to see your views on the subject on the football board.im sure there are many others who would aswell. I'm sure there are many more people view than just the odd four who have voiced a negative comment and possibly the same a positive comment so dont get bogged down with semantics.
    It would be lovely to see things from your point of view as at the moment it just makes you look like a hypocrite again.!
    This is the promised single warning Pedro. Handbags thread from now on please.

I wouldn't say Ardley was a bad manager, and I hold him no more than partly responsible for our relegation, because there was a lot of damage done before he even arrived at the club.

It would probably be fairer to say that having stabilised Notts in his first full season and eventually taken us to the play-off final, there was a feeling last season that we were at best standing still, if not regressing a little by the time he left. We were playing passing football but it was too reminiscent of Keith Curle's style of play and too defensive for a club with aspirations to impose ourselves on this league, as we should.

The owners got to a point in the season where their dilemma was either to renew his contract and commit fully to another two years, or move him on and gamble a little on someone they felt could take the project forward faster, and ultimately they did the latter.

I can't remember many managers who have left Notts County on such openly good terms with the owners, where it appeared that this really was a decision by 'mutual consent' with complimentary statements coming from both parties, and that goodwill is obviously still there because we're playing Ardley's team in a friendly this weekend.

I hope Neal Ardley does well at Solihull (except when they play us) and if the season ended with us as Champions and them as play-off winners, I'd be more than happy.
    Last edited by jackal2; 11-08-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I wouldn't say Ardley was a bad manager, and I hold him no more than partly responsible for our relegation, because there was a lot of damage done before he even arrived at the club.

It would probably be fairer to say that having stabilised Notts in his first full season and eventually taken us to the play-off final, there was a feeling last season that we were at best standing still, if not regressing a little by the time he left. We were playing passing football but it was too reminiscent of Keith Curle's style of play and too defensive for a club with aspirations to impose ourselves on this league, as we should.

The owners got to a point in the season where their dilemma was either to renew his contract and commit fully to another two years, or move him on and gamble a little on someone they felt could take the project forward faster, and ultimately they did the latter.

I can't remember many managers who have left Notts County on such openly good terms with the owners, where it appeared that this really was a decision by 'mutual consent' with complimentary statements coming from both parties, and that goodwill is obviously still there because we're playing Ardley's team in a friendly this weekend.

I hope Neal Ardley does well at Solihull (except when they play us) and if the season ended with us as Champions and them as play-off winners, I'd be more than happy.
    Couldn’t disagree with any of this.

I wouldn't say Ardley was a bad manager, and I hold him no more than 99.999%... responsible for our relegation, because there was a lot of damage done before he even arrived at the club.

Agreed.

A good post.

I don't think Ardley became a bad manager, I just think he lost his way a bit. Decent bloke, if anything maybe a bit too nice!

Totally agree, good guy and totally invested himself in the club. His career so far is up for debate, a promotional and a relegation and it’s going to be really interesting how this season pans out to truly compare IB and him. IB ethos is similar in wanting possession football but with gauge turned towards attacking, as much as I liked NA, I’m hoping IB blows him out the water.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Decent bloke, if anything maybe a bit too nice!
    I can't recall a more sincere, decent guy ever inhabiting the manager's office at Notts, and I mean that a positive comment on Neal Ardley and not a negative one towards any of our other managers. For that reason I can do no other than wish him (and his family) every success, because good people deserve to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    No Queensland pie made his own admition he was an Ardley fan but changed his views.
    But yes laddo is an interesting case as I'm jot sure if you noticed he caused many Ardley arguments in praising him every step of the way all the way through to the end of our season.
    To be clear I never said I was an Ardley fan. I said I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I'm the sort of person who will give anyone the benefit of the doubt and as I have found out over the years its not always a good idea! Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    How can a club not be the "right club" for a manager? Doesn't a new manager mould the club according to his own style? He was given free reign to sign who he wanted and so with his choices he ought to have the team he wanted, after that it's up to him to progress the club into success, not turn it into failure.
    How do you reckon that James Rowe Chesterfield manager serial cheat, blaggard, probably very confident, total dick head and gets results would get on with our owners? There's your answer.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast