+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to Prague

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    CSKA Sofia probably a worse team and easier to travel to. Did Watt no play for them?
    I have been there to see Scotland v Macedonia,we stayed in Sofia and hired a Taxi for the day to take us there and back to Skopje.From what i remember it was a decent trip but you needed your wits about you as there were a lot of criminal gangs on the go at that time.We stayed in the Hotel California,i kid you not.

It's an incredibly difficult group. Possibly the toughest of all the groups we could've been in. Basel are top of the UEFA coefficient with AZ fourth. From a fans perspective we've landed pretty lucky with Basel, AZ & Antwerp (assuming they all get through) very easy to get to compared to some other groups. Let's face it, this is almost certainly nothing more than a great few days on the piss with fellow Arabs than progression to the next round. If I'm being honest, that's all I was expecting before any draw was made.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's an incredibly difficult group. Possibly the toughest of all the groups we could've been in. Basel are top of the UEFA coefficient with AZ fourth. From a fans perspective we've landed pretty lucky with Basel, AZ & Antwerp (assuming they all get through) very easy to get to compared to some other groups. Let's face it, this is almost certainly nothing more than a great few days on the piss with fellow Arabs than progression to the next round. If I'm being honest, that's all I was expecting before any draw was made.
    I agree,if we get a favourable location i'm going but like you i think its a one off European Epic.Anything else would be a massive bonus for the club and a sair ain for our wallets or bank cards if you're cashless.

So its either.........

Switzerland

Northern Ireland

The Netherlands

Belgium

Bulgaria

Bosnia

Kosovo

North Macedonia

Belgium or Switzerland please. 🤞🏼

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Belgium or Switzerland please. ����
    I have only ever travelled through Switzerland on the train to Rome so its either there or Kosovo as that's the only other country i haven't been to on the list.I have a feeling the difference in the price of a pint between the two countries will be substantial.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ry=Switzerland

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...d+Territory%29

Yes it is.

Seems strange that Basel who finished 2nd in the Swiss league had to play in the second qualifying round and we went right into the third for finishing fourth in Scotland. But then Basel if they progress through to the third round become seeded. I cant get my head round the qualifying procedures, can anyone enlighten me?

It's an odd one but I guess Scotland's UEFA coefficient is higher than Switzerland? Celtc don't have to qualify for the CL group stage this season for instance. Then from a team point of view Basel will be much better than us. Who knows. 😂

Basel would be the worst draw not simply because they have much more quality but the Swiss season has already started so fitness wise they will have few more games under their belt than us. I would also expect AZ to comfortably get past us. I would take CSKA. Bulgarian football isn't a great standard.

AZ Alkmaar/Tuzla City. First leg at home.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)