+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: England v France Match Thoughts

Too many armchair fans on here, who have loads to say but sit tight in their armchairs and have knowledge of the ins and outs of the clubs comings and goings ��or is it b**lsh*t they preach, since they outwardly go on about how they won’t attend anymore until ��until WHAT

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1957 View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong (which I’m sure some on here will) do we have police in armed gear and dogs walking the perimeters of the pitch protecting the players of these so called fanatical morons that these said super stars come from ( South America) we are decent human beings that love watching our team from week to week and surely don’t go to the match with intentions of beating everyone who crosses our path. ultras are not fans they are Morons . Growing up with a skill in these countries is a blessing
    Your really not going to take the high ground with fan behaviour and the English are you ?

Now you really are getting desperate , we had to play two games behind closed doors only last summer because of the behaviour of England supporters .

The England rap sheet is longer than a list players who've missed penalties .

Too many armchair fans on here, who have loads to say but sit tight in their armchairs and have knowledge of the ins and outs of the clubs comings and goings ��or is it b**lsh*t they preach, since they outwardly go on about how they won’t attend anymore until ��until WHAT
    Clearly attending games at Oakwell doesn't make you any more knowledgeable as you are proving .

Too many armchair fans on here, who have loads to say but sit tight in their armchairs
    My valid opinion is that armchair fans are not what they used to be. Too many have their heads filled with Cartesian Dualism.

It's grand to find a comfortable chair when you are getting on a bit, or have got arthritis. My niece got mine from Shackletons you know.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-12-2022 at 11:36 AM.

There's good and bad in all walks of life. Tha gonna get a few bad apples in every country. Football is a world wide passion, its usually the minority that spoil it for most

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A bit too simplistic in my opinion mate to say it's either your day or it isn't given we almost never win these type of games despite having the opportunity on countless occasions to do so .

The Germans won a World Cup and a Euros in the 90's without having any players better than ours .

I've done the unlucky thing with England myself but despite having some real high class talent , playing a Euro Final at Wembley and a really good opportunity tonight to knock the world champions out we still haven't won anything .

I doubt we ever will in my lifetime to be honest .
    Got to agree.
    Didn’t see the game cos I had flu - and I mean the flu.
    I’ve had Covid twice this year but this flu bug hit me much harder.
    Takes a lot for me to miss a game like this.
    So in saying that - I cannot comment on how the game panned out.

But even before the game started I thought we would lose - not because we had worse players because on the contrary we haven’t - but because our mental strength is weak.
    We have had the players to win every World Cup since 1966.

But the players are afraid to win.
    Basically because they know that the country would go berserk if they did.
    The pressure on the players - mostly coming from the media is immense.
    The person responsible for the mental welfare of the players and shielding the players is the manager.
    Southgate maybe a nice fella but he’s weak.
    He needs to move on.

The manager at Newcastle would be my choice to replace him.

I don't go along with the mentality thing. How can tha write off generation after generation? It is possible to install the winning mentality. Look at the England Cricket team for instance on all levels. Proof if you ever needed it that it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Got to agree.
    Didn’t see the game cos I had flu - and I mean the flu.
    I’ve had Covid twice this year but this flu bug hit me much harder.
    Takes a lot for me to miss a game like this.
    So in saying that - I cannot comment on how the game panned out.

But even before the game started I thought we would lose - not because we had worse players because on the contrary we haven’t - but because our mental strength is weak.
    We have had the players to win every World Cup since 1966.

But the players are afraid to win.
    Basically because they know that the country would go berserk if they did.
    The pressure on the players - mostly coming from the media is immense.
    The person responsible for the mental welfare of the players and shielding the players is the manager.
    Southgate maybe a nice fella but he’s weak.
    He needs to move on.

The manager at Newcastle would be my choice to replace him.
    This is the first time I've heard that England doesn't want to win. I don't think that's true. England has done quite a lot in this World Cup. Yes, it's not enough to win. But I don't think they wanted to win.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I don't go along with the mentality thing. How can tha write off generation after generation? It is possible to install the winning mentality. Look at the England Cricket team for instance on all levels. Proof if you ever needed it that it is possible.
    Unfortunately Pass the facts don't back that up .

Our record in penalty shootouts which is high pressure is woeful , 22% success rate , clearly it's not a 50/50 thing because if it was we'd have a 50% success rate because those are the laws of probability .

I keep hearing the word potential with this England team , well potential has to deliver at some point otherwise potential becomes a cover for failure .

There is no glorious failure with England , we are one of the major football nations , the amount of money that goes in to the entire England set up is huge , it's mega money .

Our record at tournament football is shameful , an embarrassment .

I don't expect a shirt full of stars that the Brazilians and Germans have but we should have added to our solitary world cup win at least once plus a couple of finals and at least a Euro title and a couple of finals .

A 50% success rate in penalty shootouts would in my opinion have seen that solitary world cup added to .

It's simply not good enough and we shouldn't be letting anyone off the hook .

The last two tournaments were winnable and we blew both because we are weak in the head .

Unacceptable .

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnK View Post
    This is the first time I've heard that England doesn't want to win. I don't think that's true. England has done quite a lot in this World Cup. Yes, it's not enough to win. But I don't think they wanted to win.
    No - they want to win.
    But they are afraid to win.
    There is fear associated with wearing the shirt.

Years ago we put foreign players on a pedestal - praising them for being far better than English players.
    Now that many of the foreign players actually play in the Premier - we can actually gauge how good they are.
    We can now accurately say that the collective talent within the England team should be able to beat anyone.
    But when those same players put on an England shirt they suddenly become unrecognisable.
    Why is this ?
    It can only be put down to the pressure associated with wearing the shirt.
    The only person responsible for the mental wellbeing of the players is the manager.
    IMO Southgate has to go.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast