+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley VS Wigan Player Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    So the answer to the question was a simple ‘no’
    I have had the privileged good fortune to sit in and observe a couple of the video analysis sessions down at Gawthorpe. They really only do go towards improving a player's individual performance and neither SD nor VK use them negatively. Just saying.

So the answer to the question was a simple ‘no’
    So you see more of the game and have a better overall view of the match when you are sat in the ground rather than watching it in the comfort of your own home with varous camera angles and replays. Then with the ability to watch it again with the sole purpose of analysing the players and match positioning?

As there is no 'Players Ratings' for the Hull game I will say I don't think Maatsen is a very good Defender. He got bullied by the Hull right winger and skinned at will. He would get hammered in the Premiership if he fails to defend like that. And its not the first time I have noticed it.
    Great coming forward and a superb cross for Tellas secong goal.
    I also have my reservations on Vitinho playing as a winger. Far too predictable with his movement cutting inside every time and what seems like an inability to take players on.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    As there is no 'Players Ratings' for the Hull game I will say I don't think Maatsen is a very good Defender. He got bullied by the Hull right winger and skinned at will. He would get hammered in the Premiership if he fails to defend like that. And its not the first time I have noticed it.
    Great coming forward and a superb cross for Tellas secong goal.
    I also have my reservations on Vitinho playing as a winger. Far too predictable with his movement cutting inside every time and what seems like an inability to take players on.
    I have said exactly the same C_M. Both of them are silky smooth going forward but can't defend for toffee.

The thing with Vitinho he gets himself on the by-line from open play and really does put some dangerous balls in.

I'd play Maatsen on the left of a midfield three even though VK does not see it that way, but he is truly amazing going forward.

So you see more of the game and have a better overall view of the match when you are sat in the ground rather than watching it in the comfort of your own home with varous camera angles and replays. Then with the ability to watch it again with the sole purpose of analysing the players and match positioning?
    I was just asking if that was your answer to the question. The question was. Did you watch it live. The response was one an mp would be proud of.

Now you mention it though, seeing it live gives so much a better view of it, if that’s the word.

For instances watch players on tv and it’s “hm yea ge decent” see them live and it’s like “omg he’s class”
    You get such a better perspective and feel from seeing it live.

I was just asking if that was your answer to the question. The question was. Did you watch it live. The response was one an mp would be proud of.
    What part of "I watched it live via a streaming service" was unclear.

What part of "I watched it live via a streaming service" was unclear.
    I think in the context, 'live' means AT the event. The conversation has become futile on this thread. If you cannot understand that the %6 of misplaced passes may have been the important ones rather than the %94 of completed that may be side way 5 yard passes then im at a loss.

I was just giving a reason as to why "he may" have been marked down.

Personally I didn't mark him down. Just saying stats can definitely be misleading. If you can't see that then hey ho

I think in the context, 'live' means AT the event. The conversation has become futile on this thread. If you cannot understand that the %6 of misplaced passes may have been the important ones rather than the %94 of completed that may be side way 5 yard passes then im at a loss.

I was just giving a reason as to why "he may" have been marked down.

Personally I didn't mark him down. Just saying stats can definitely be misleading. If you can't see that then hey ho
    I am sure Army can think and speak for himself.

I am sure Army can think and speak for himself.
    And type. If you read back again though you will see you have just taken it out of context yet again.

It’s a forum where people discuss things. If you want a 1vs1 with some one perhaps send a PM

As for complaining about the best left back in many a year I am flabbergasted

But if that’s what your stats show, who am I to say otherwise

OK.. Back to a football discussion.

In my opinion Maatsen has been found wanting a numerous occasions this season and quite easily beaten by a winger of a decent skill set. As I mentioned earlier, the Hull City winger breezed passed him on a number of occasions and put in a decent cross which thenkfully came to nothing.
    Maasten is a good attaching wing back but I have reservations concerning his defending skills against a decent winger.

I think BT has been watching the same player as me. "I have said exactly the same C_M. Both of them are silky smooth going forward but can't defend for toffee".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)