+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Radar

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Not sure whether brick ball is a sport or a medical condition.
    It would be a cinder miss a punning opportunity such as that.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I will never understand reactionary posts like this. So many people feed on negativity. We just got promoted with record points best striker we have had for years great manager best crowds since I can remember when and back in ELF. But obviously we have bad owners. What a load of tripe!
    Tripe isn't the word that's springs to mind

Interesting thread. Sorry to be meta, but brilliant to see how reasonable folk can deal with a rumour like this.

I will never understand reactionary posts like this. So many people feed on negativity. We just got promoted with record points best striker we have had for years great manager best crowds since I can remember when and back in ELF. But obviously we have bad owners. What a load of tripe!
    I can never understand it either and very happy not to.

I've never studied psychology but it would be a very interesting topic to focus on and NCM would be a great case study#viva

Who are "the many people feeding on negativity"?

I can't see any.

We only had one mid-table season in tier 3 under Trew, and that was after Curle's table topping start. Three seasons out of 5 went to final day relegation scraps.
    Getting comfy in L1 is easier said than done. What about the ambitions of managers? How do you attract decent L1 players if you're showing a lack of ambition? Not spending in order to keep up with the play off teams whilst avoiding being dragged into the relegation battle year in year out would be quite the balancing act. Derby, Portsmouth and Charlton finished 7th, 8th and 10th last season, it's a tough league and one that we will inevitably find ourselves in soon enough if we all agree the next change of level won't be a return to tier 5.
    That's not being negative, it's being realistic. If the current owners can get us up to tier 3, then eventually sell up with us still in that league then they've done very well.

An odd thing about the brothers is that in every photo they are wearing identical suits and mainly identical ties too.

As a person prone to be accusatory about Notts owners and managers, the little research I have done leads me to believe that the consortium does have money and is doing a good job. As is the coach and the players.

I have been made redundant three times in my life. It isn't nice and I certainly was angry with my former employers. Maybe even expressed angry words. Just not on social media or review sites, which seems to me a bit silly and may possibly affect your future employability.

Huge difference between being realistic and being actively negative.

I doubt anybody is going to argue that the Bros hadn't done very well if they got us from NL to L1 and then sold.

Obviously that's with you making the rather large assumption that our mild mannered Scandinavian owners would get frustrated at that point and seek to sell and potentially profit. They have more patience than in your scenario, they might not.

Just like I have no idea what the actual wealth is behind them is, where it comes from, how much they are prepared to spend on NCFC, what their overall aim is, what they believe the ceiling is under their ownership, what their exit strategy/point is etc.

It's all guesswork about to people that due to **** personalities, professionalism and approval we know very little about and therefore it's very difficult to guess with any certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Huge difference between being realistic and being actively negative.
    So anticipating we'll go up to tier 3 is being actively negative?????

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Just like I have no idea what the actual wealth is behind them is, where it comes from, how much they are prepared to spend on NCFC, what their overall aim is, what they believe the ceiling is under their ownership, what their exit strategy/point is etc.

It's all guesswork .

If we've struggled to keep up with the spending power of the likes of Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield and Solihull for the past 4 years. then I can't see us competing with the likes of Bolton, Reading, Barnsley and Portsmouth. The further up you go, the more important spending power becomes. Hopefully it won't be in tier 4 where that becomes all too apparent, but I think it has to become an issue in tier 3 with the size of clubs we're now seeing at that level on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Who are "the many people feeding on negativity"?

I can't see any.
    Me neither, Some people just see what they wanna see.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast