+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibernian

Well, Ah thought we were fantastic fae back tae front and were a shade unlucky nae tae give them a right good thrashin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Just back.

I was quite pleased with us today to begin with.
    We started off quite well, looked to have a better shape and just looked more comfortable overall without setting the heather on fire.

We huffed and puffed and played some decent stuff at times, had a few chances, but nothing really threatening.

Ruby had his usual brainfart moments, but was still surprised he was taken off in the second half and we went with a back four and Morris came on.

We looked ok with the changed shape to begin with then we lose Morris to injury and Barron was taken off and who I thought looked fine, given how little football he's played and then we were clueless. Maybe there is hope for the loon.
    It was like watching a little kids team, when they all just go chasing after the ball, because they know nothing different.

No shape, no clue. Three strikers on the pitch and them having to track back all the time to try and see the ball. No width and zero creativity. It was a strange one.

My pants might be a little wet tonight as that was as bad a final 30 minutes I have ever seen us play.

That loss was was solely down to the manager today.

We know fine well from last season how these kind of runs can spiral out of control and cost a manager his job.

I still think we have some very good players in that squad, if a little imbalanced in areas, but Robson and Agnew really need to get a tune out of this squad.

I honestly don't want us having to get yet another manager in the door and really hope it doesn't happen and we sort it out.
    The loss wasn’t solely down to Robson DeeDon.

Some of the players aren’t even trying.

If players aren’t putting in the effort then you are never going to win.

Robson says that it's a new team, they are still getting to know each other, and everything will be fine.

Players not trying 7 games into the season speaks volumes about the manager and the players thoughts about him.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Robson says that it's a new team, they are still getting to know each other, and everything will be fine.
    He's always going to say that though, every manager would in this position.

The facts speak for themselves though as there are teams all over the world that has squad changes such as we've had without the hopeless performances and dreadful results.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

The team are playing too many direct passes straight down the middle which i guess is a consequence of
    how the squad has been assembled with a million centre backs, loads of central strikers and fluffy midfielders and not a single decent winger in the entire sqaud as the obvious style is the 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 however you want to call it

Clarkson who is a very good footballer is spending 2 seconds on the ball before he launches it direct to the 2 central strikers, same with the centre backs, its as if robson has give the players instructions to continue to play high tempo direct none stop without putting your foot on the ball and looking or the right option and if needed slow it down to look for a better pass or move

I said for a while now i personally hate 3 at the back, especially when its used with 2 central strikers and no wingers as you are totally limited on how you transition

Baron is a technical player who is suited to playing shorter passes and a slower style of play, same as clarkson

The nonsense of just throwing on more strikers pretty much is guarenteed to fail as you have even less control, as soon as you have more than 2 strikers on the field you know its pretty much game over
    Last edited by LongDistanceRed; 03-09-2023 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Sorry min, in my opinion his subs f*cked us up today, well second half anyway.

Three strikers on the pitch with diddly squat to work on was madness. Felt sorry for them

I honestly don't think the players are not trying for him. Just low on confidence and not helped with yet another high turnover of players this summer.

If you think they aren't, then fair enough, your opinion is as valid as any other.

I’m wondering too if part of the problem is that Barry is trying to be the players’ best friend as he might have been as previous coach to a number of them - many of the players needed a real roasting today for their ineptitude, to be frank!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Sorry min, in my opinion his subs f*cked us up today, well second half anyway.

Three strikers on the pitch with diddly squat to work on was madness. Felt sorry for them

I honestly don't think the players are not trying for him. Just low on confidence and not helped with yet another high turnover of players this summer.

If you think they aren't, then fair enough, your opinion is as valid as any other.
    Don’t think they are not trying!?

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Well, Ah thought we were fantastic fae back tae front and were a shade unlucky nae tae give them a right good thrashin.
    Is there no way Neeps of testing the strength of your wine before imbibing!? 😅

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast