+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Absolutely gutless from the team today. Robson always has been suspect but at least he had the team trying for him. Not anymore. If Cormack wanted to turn the season around he would do the necessary now but in all likelihood he will wait till we are out of the cup and next to bottom by xmas and then he still won't act.
    On a side note I understand Vinnie isn't flavour of the month but surely to f uck a team that creates next to nothing could perhaps use a bit of what he might offer. Not even on the bench today.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    We look like 11 players running about without any idea of what they are supposed to be doing.
    Running about might be an improvement. Playing 3 up in the second half but I've seen more movement in a Subbuteo front 3.

The formation changed, 3 up, four at the back, but the tactics didn't, long balls punted up (often as not out of play) and long throws. Tactics or not, it is hard to explain such a gutless performance from professional football players.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Getting rid of him is the easy part. Getting someone in who will change it for the better and for the long term is the very difficult part.

We're a diddy club in the grand scheme of things, so no way any manager with the sort of experience and credentials we need is going to come anywhere near us.

Hughes, Lennon, Lambert will be linked and the boy Robinson from St Mirren will probably be the favourite. Throw in a few names we have never heard of from teams in far off places and Chris Wilder and that will be about it.

I just hope that if we are getting rid of him soon, then they are working on a plan to have a successor in place quickly.
    It may well be the difficult part but history has shown us that it's an, if not THE essential part.

Glass should never have been given the job, Goodwin you could understand to a certain extent but ultimately he shouldn't have been anywhere near the job. Robson worked miracles and as such forced Cormack's hand but when Goodwin got punted then he was never a name in the mix.

Cormack and the FMB should have compiled a list when Goodwin got the bullet and refreshed it since that point until now like every club should be doing. There has to be a list of names ready to be interviewed if the worst happens and you sack the current manager.

I don't believe for one second that there isn't a manager out there, that wouldn't cost the earth & could come in and get this current squad playing actual football on a regular basis and have us sitting where our finances should dictate.

If we need to go out and splash some serious cash to get in a worthy manager then 4th time is the charm, Cormack HAS to do it. We spunked half a million on Gueye and he never plays so why not put those kind of finances into a proper manager that will be able to change the course of this season, never mind next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    It may well be the difficult part but history has shown us that it's an, if not THE essential part.

Glass should never have been given the job, Goodwin you could understand to a certain extent but ultimately he shouldn't have been anywhere near the job. Robson worked miracles and as such forced Cormack's hand but when Goodwin got punted then he was never a name in the mix.

Cormack and the FMB should have compiled a list when Goodwin got the bullet and refreshed it since that point until now like every club should be doing. There has to be a list of names ready to be interviewed if the worst happens and you sack the current manager.

I don't believe for one second that there isn't a manager out there, that wouldn't cost the earth & could come in and get this current squad playing actual football on a regular basis and have us sitting where our finances should dictate.

If we need to go out and splash some serious cash to get in a worthy manager then 4th time is the charm, Cormack HAS to do it. We spunked half a million on Gueye and he never plays so why not put those kind of finances into a proper manager that will be able to change the course of this season, never mind next season.
    If there was a decent manager out there who was willing to come to us then Glass,Goodwin and Robson would never had got the job in the first place.

The fmb pissed about for months trying to get a decent manager in and eventually had no option but appoint Robson after the winning run.

I said back in February when Goodwin got sacked that he wasn’t the biggest problem at the club,Cormack is the biggest problem as we have been on a downward spiral since he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If there was a decent manager out there who was willing to come to us then Glass,Goodwin and Robson would never had got the job in the first place.

The fmb pissed about for months trying to get a decent manager in and eventually had no option but appoint Robson after the winning run.

I said back in February when Goodwin got sacked that he wasn’t the biggest problem at the club,Cormack is the biggest problem as we have been on a downward spiral since he took over.
    There are decent managers out there, it's purely down to the money involved. I have no idea what Robson's salary is but I can't imagine it's more than Clarkson or other high earners get.

Again if we have the ability to spend a serious amount of money on Gueye etc and then their salaries then we should be able to entice a manager with a ridiculous sum also. For a club like Aberdeen then the manager is the most important part of the equation. Being able to get the best out of 6/10 players and improve them to 7-8/10 most weeks is what we should be looking for. Sadly we've had managers who have done the reverse and turned 6/10 players into 3-4/10 most weeks.

Cormack wants to be a top 100 club then he needs to put his hand in his pocket when it comes to managers and go all out to land one that'll get us there, if not then what we've had the past god knows how many years will be our future.

Is anybody still defending the thick over promoted caretaker?

What's with all the hoof ball? Is that all they do in training, maybe they could try passing to each other for a change, like normal teams do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Is anybody still defending the thick over promoted caretaker?

What's with all the hoof ball? Is that all they do in training, maybe they could try passing to each other for a change, like normal teams do.
    I called you a boring c u n t on Thursday as the line over promoted caretaker is repetitively boring, but apologise as that was through emotion of the way we lost. However as much as I want Robson to succeed, his plan A isn’t working - it did for 60 minutes on Thursday- but we should have more attacking threat against teams like Killie and we just look as bad as we did at the end of McInnes tenure. Was interesting that he was the only person that said Robson made the right subs at the right time after Thursdays game.

Can’t argue that he looks out of his depth now results have turned, but not many would have argued with him getting the job after where he took us after Goodwin got punted.
    We can’t keep sacking managers- getting a DoF who has pivotal role in the football decisions and selections for next couple of years before moving upstairs that maybe Robson can learn from might be a better answer for the long term. Whether he would stay under that conditions is a different matter as he seems pretty stubborn and may see that as a public embarrassment

The players have also a lot to answer for- rumours of bust ups in the dressing room are maybe founded, but a lot of these players do not look like they are up for the fight. Even if the managers tactics are ****e surely they can at least try to pass the ball about a bit- very little movement off the ball with exception of Miovski who must be getting frustrated at the scraps he is getting

Motherwell won’t be an easy game but one we have to win

Fit's Cherie Lunghi up tae these days?

At least she'd be easy on the een, unlike the fecking fitba on offer!

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    There are decent managers out there, it's purely down to the money involved. I have no idea what Robson's salary is but I can't imagine it's more than Clarkson or other high earners get.

Again if we have the ability to spend a serious amount of money on Gueye etc and then their salaries then we should be able to entice a manager with a ridiculous sum also. For a club like Aberdeen then the manager is the most important part of the equation. Being able to get the best out of 6/10 players and improve them to 7-8/10 most weeks is what we should be looking for. Sadly we've had managers who have done the reverse and turned 6/10 players into 3-4/10 most weeks.

Cormack wants to be a top 100 club then he needs to put his hand in his pocket when it comes to managers and go all out to land one that'll get us there, if not then what we've had the past god knows how many years will be our future.
    If there are decent managers out there then why hasn’t Cormack appointed them?

In fairness to Cormack if Pep Guardiola was keen to be our manager then Cormack would give him the job.

The problem is that no decent manager is willing to work under Cormack,hence why we ended up with Glass then Goodwin and now Robson.

I bet you anything that this time next year we will have a different manager with exactly the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Absolutely gutless from the team today. Robson always has been suspect but at least he had the team trying for him. Not anymore. If Cormack wanted to turn the season around he would do the necessary now but in all likelihood he will wait till we are out of the cup and next to bottom by xmas and then he still won't act.
    On a side note I understand Vinnie isn't flavour of the month but surely to f uck a team that creates next to nothing could perhaps use a bit of what he might offer. Not even on the bench today.
    That’s one of the issues right there,Robson came in last season and all of a sudden the players were trying for him.

Now as you said it looks like they aren’t trying for him so they obviously aren’t happy with something he has said or done.

What happens when the next manager comes in and the players aren’t happy with something he is asking them to do.Exactly the same as what’s happened with the last 4 managers.

That’s down to Cormack who has created a toxic culture at the club.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast