+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfers & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Oops - yes that's who I meant. Just the old brain muddled, bit worrying as we were directly behind that goal that delightful day.
    I know that feeling mate

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I think Archie Mair has that accolade
    I’d like to see Archie Mair back at the club again. I can’t think of a player who has spent so little time on the field for the club but has made such an impact in our fortunes and written himself into folklore. Maybe it’s sentimental or romantic. Obviously he is nearer to the age of Teirnan Brooks but thinking long term as Slocombe is not getting any younger. Even another loan spell to see how he would do in league two. I’d imagine the radar will be keeping an eye on him and his development at Gateshead.

Wouldn't it be fantastic to sign a new Paul Harding type? Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Wouldn't it be fantastic to sign a new Paul Harding type? Fingers crossed.
    One of my favourite ever players at Notts who remembers when Warnock stuck him up front. However I don't think he is quite what we need now!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    One of my favourite ever players at Notts who remembers when Warnock stuck him up front. However I don't think he is quite what we need now!
    He was right for the era he played. Wouldn’t last 5 minutes now though and definitely not a fit for the way we play.

We're very light striker wise as well

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I agree. If we suffered an injury to either Didzy or Macca we’d be in trouble. We saw recently when Didzy missed a couple of games how short we were and the results reflected that.
    Do we know when Scott is likely to be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Extremely light, haven’t even had one on the bench the last few games. I think with us 2 playing now and slightly different then another one will get game time. Only LW knows if he thinks Morias is good enough and can stay fit but it does feel like we need to bring one in. This issue being when you have Macca and Mcgoldrick it’s probably not very tempting for a fair share of players to come.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Extremely light, haven’t even had one on the bench the last few games. I think with us 2 playing now and slightly different then another one will get game time. Only LW knows if he thinks Morias is good enough and can stay fit but it does feel like we need to bring one in. This issue being when you have Macca and Mcgoldrick it’s probably not very tempting for a fair share of players to come.
    I agree.
    I can only see a loan signing covering our forward options, unless we were somehow able to offload Morias.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree. If we suffered an injury to either Didzy or Macca we’d be in trouble. We saw recently when Didzy missed a couple of games how short we were and the results reflected that.
    Do we know when Scott is likely to be back?
    Isn’t Scott out for the season ?

Sure LW said Scott said to him I’ll be back for league one at fans forum.

He might be back April say but probably don’t want to put pressure/timeframe on it.

Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast