+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: F*ckin Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Here's the thing: get independence THEN chose how to trade.
    Right now we do what the other country in the 'partnership' wants.

Does your nextdoor neighbour run your affairs and provide you with housekeeping?
    That’s fair enough if you want to be independent and then remain out of the EU otherwise they’ll just be telling you how to trade.

Except they won’t be they will they.
    They will be we.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    If an independent Scotland was in the EU, it would be at the kiddie table with Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania. The EU is and always has been a French-German stitch up, the small countries are expected to shut up and do what they're told.
    English propaganda.

Look at the lengths the EU went to to protect Irish interests, especially when it was that bitch May in charge of the English.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Except they won’t be they will they.
    They will be we.
    If it’s not we when we’re part of the UK why are we suddenly going to be we when part of the EU. Will the powerhouse economies of Europe be bothered about Scotland ?

If an independent Scotland was in the EU, it would be at the kiddie table with Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania.
    I'd be happy with that. Couple of cracking countries you have mentioned there, especially Estonia.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I'd be happy with that. Couple of cracking countries you have mentioned there, especially Estonia.
    I’d be delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    English propaganda.

Look at the lengths the EU went to to protect Irish interests, especially when it was that bitch May in charge of the English.
    They just used Ireland to make Brexit more difficult, they couldn't care less about them. Look at how badly the EU treated Ireland when their banks got into trouble.

My god but these union jack waving unionists will believe anything.

They just used Ireland to make Brexit more difficult, they couldn't care less about them. Look at how badly the EU treated Ireland when their banks got into trouble.
    Overall, Ireland did incredibly well from Europe, as did other poorer Nations such as Spain and Portugal, at the expense of the Germans, the French and the UK. That, in my view, aside from being mired in bureaucracy, is one of the problems with the EU, ie, some Countries are net beneficiaries and others net contributors.

Brexit could end up being very good for the UK - just look at how quickly the COVID vaccines were approved!

Ah, fuuck you all and your Britishness and Scottishness, I’m still European.

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast