+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    One player we could do with getting a fee for though.
    Absolutely... Is that agreement a defo?
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 28-06-2023 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Tbh I have no scooby what the agreement is!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yeah. I don't think certain people quite realise how much relegation is costing us. Replacing a £6k a week (for example) player, isn't going to free up £6K a week for another however many players. Nowhere near it, unfortunately.
    Name those you think dont realise how much relegation has cost us?

Being a tad disingenuous to a number of posters(here at least) who might not know the full ins and outs of the running of the club, but they have been around long enough to see what has gone before, especially the last fire sale and down time! Im sure everyone is also listening to the rumour mill about who is leaving, then thinking how fecking brutal things may be with the players that dont seem to feature in said rumours.

With Fletcher being confirmed departure No11(Smith, Pawlett, Edwards, Harkes, Akinola, McGrath, Eriksson, Watson, Fotherinham, Djoum....), 6/8 more as yet un-named youngsters released, 3 other players rumoured to be wanting out(Behich, Sibbald, Mulgrew), a keeper(and Mulgrew) i think we all want rid of, and then Levitt, are we really looking at loosing up to 23 players with 3 confirmed and 3 more rumoured new arrivals to balance the books? Im not confident about our chances if that is where our budget is leading, even though i expect more than 3 windows for us us to rehabilitate our squad, i still want us up as champions this season.

If JG is true to his word and he wanted Fletcher to stay, then surly this is included in the wage budget and has to still be available for a replacement, and an extra depending on whether its £1700 or £7000 a week he was rumoured to be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Name those you think dont realise how much relegation has cost us?

Being a tad disingenuous to a number of posters(here at least) who might not know the full ins and outs of the running of the club, but they have been around long enough to see what has gone before, especially the last fire sale and down time! Im sure everyone is also listening to the rumour mill about who is leaving, then thinking how fecking brutal things may be with the players that dont seem to feature in said rumours.

With Fletcher being confirmed departure No11(Smith, Pawlett, Edwards, Harkes, Akinola, McGrath, Eriksson, Watson, Fotherinham, Djoum....), 6/8 more as yet un-named youngsters released, 3 other players rumoured to be wanting out(Behich, Sibbald, Mulgrew), a keeper(and Mulgrew) i think we all want rid of, and then Levitt, are we really looking at loosing up to 23 players with 3 confirmed and 3 more rumoured new arrivals to balance the books? Im not confident about our chances if that is where our budget is leading, even though i expect more than 3 windows for us us to rehabilitate our squad, i still want us up as champions this season.

If JG is true to his word and he wanted Fletcher to stay, then surly this is included in the wage budget and has to still be available for a replacement, and an extra depending on whether its £1700 or £7000 a week he was rumoured to be on.

😂😂😂😂😂

Aye sound. Let me just scroll through the entire social media world to find you some names. Good ane. Not once did I point the finger at anyone on here. Calm your sh*t.

Fwiw..... Akinola left the club over a year ago. Fotheringham signed a two year contract extension in April.

We have 10 out as confirmed. Another 6 out as unconfirmed. That's 16. JG said he wanted to reduce the squad from 45 to around 35, so we're down to 29. We've signed 3, so back up to 32. We've had 5 academy boys signing professional contracts (who may or or may not be included in the 35), 37/32. JG saying he wants another 3 in, 40/35. If others leave, we may well sign more, but you can guarantee they'll be getting paid nowhere near those they replace. The boys we've already signed will be on a fraction of those that have left the club.

Throwing money at players under TA got us into this mess. Have a wage structure and stick to it. Have a win bonus structure that will make the players up their game instead of just going through the motions. We should not have to pay up any contract for any player to move on. I hope we've also inserted relegation release clauses in every contract given out from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Throwing money at players under TA got us into this mess. Have a wage structure and stick to it. Have a win bonus structure that will make the players up their game instead of just going through the motions. We should not have to pay up any contract for any player to move on. I hope we've also inserted relegation release clauses in every contract given out from now on.
    I really don't think we'll have been paying up contracts. Fletcher is already reported to have ripped his up. Djoum wanted to leave, so can't then demand his contract be paid. Behich will be the same, although we could probably get a fee for him so I'm not sure how that would work? Plus his situation is slightly different. Mulgrew and the keeper are still here, so i'm assuming they'll dig their heels in and won't go anywhere without having a club to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Unconfirmed.

I really don't think we'll have been paying up contracts. Fletcher is already reported to have ripped his up. Djoum wanted to leave, so can't then demand his contract be paid. Behich will be the same, although we could probably get a fee for him so I'm not sure how that would work? Plus his situation is slightly different. Mulgrew and the keeper are still here, so i'm assuming they'll dig their heels in and won't go anywhere without having a club to go to.
    What's this deal with Behich then? Gonna tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    What's this deal with Behich then? Gonna tell us?
    He was granted leave in January to take care of family issues and apparently wants away to be closer to home.

He was granted leave in January to take care of family issues and apparently wants away to be closer to home.
    Cheers. That's understandable. But.....he's under contract to play for us and picking up his monthly pay cheque so something will have to be worked out there.

Page 62 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)